Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 10-21-2005, 07:51 AM

Default Freerolling!

Well... So it finally happend. Thanks to a combination of me having to cash out, me still playing the same tournies despite a short bankroll and the worst string of bad beats I've ever witnessed, my bankroll is now down to $2.94. And since my credit card company now seems to decline eGaming transactions, I can't reload...

Therefore I have to enter freerolls in the future and pray for a few final tables. Anyone playing freerolls regularly? What's the tactic? Should I just sit back and wait for killer hands and move in? My first instinct would be that players in freerolls are more inclined to take a gamble with dubious holdings, right?

TIA for answers and good luck to me! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Freerolling!

Early on (before first break) you should be calling all-ins with considerably less than you would even consider in a higher buyin tournament. If you have a monster you can usually push and get a caller.

Once you get some chips you should tighten up a little but still keep your eyes open for the fish still left. Once you pass the 2nd break it plays more or less like a normal tournament.

*Also you can definitely exploit many people on the bubble that are just playing to make the money.

Bottom line is take chances early. Build a big stack before the 1st break or bust out.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Early on (before first break) you should be calling all-ins with considerably less than you would even consider in a higher buyin tournament. If you have a monster you can usually push and get a caller.

Once you get some chips you should tighten up a little but still keep your eyes open for the fish still left. Once you pass the 2nd break it plays more or less like a normal tournament.

*Also you can definitely exploit many people on the bubble that are just playing to make the money.

Bottom line is take chances early. Build a big stack before the 1st break or bust out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Finished ITM in my first freeroll. $12.50 added to my $2.94. Wohooo! Here I come!
Old 10-21-2005, 11:58 AM

stay in school, and get hoh vol 1&2. a job might help too