Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Screw \"Not Folding\" STOP \"Not Raising\"

Wow, I'm definately with Gabe here. It would be chip spewing madness to raise the turn here. Are we raising for value or as a bluff? I don't get it. Sure, its possible everyone has a draw, but not likely, and you are still left with btwn 0-15 outs.

As for the flop, Pot Building 101 states call a raiser to your immediate right in a multi-way pot on the flop and then reraise if given that chance.

A river bet wouldn't be terrible, but I'm not a big advocate of that either. Not on this board with this action.

PF this is a fold for me. Playable for a raise from CO though.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget the chance that I'm reverse dominated. Anyone with K4/K5/K6 has me spewing chips if K hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

would THOSE people be there if you raised pf??? thats another thing thats bad about not raising pf...you let hands that you have to adjust for reverse domination in.

Barron
Old 10-18-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I'm definately with Gabe here. It would be chip spewing madness to raise the turn here. Are we raising for value or as a bluff? I don't get it. Sure, its possible everyone has a draw, but not likely, and you are still left with btwn 0-15 outs.

As for the flop, Pot Building 101 states call a raiser to your immediate right in a multi-way pot on the flop and then reraise if given that chance.

A river bet wouldn't be terrible, but I'm not a big advocate of that either. Not on this board with this action.

PF this is a fold for me. Playable for a raise from CO though.

[/ QUOTE ]

raising the turn has many benefits already discussed. do you follow formulas for "pot building 101" when there are other, more pressing (ev wise) considerations here???

as for PF i agree that you dont normally play K9s from farther away than the hijack. but IF you DO choose to play it, limping is bad.

Barron
Old 10-18-2005, 05:33 PM

another good reason to raise pf. Can't disagree. I guess the adjustment to spewing with Kxs to limp rather than raise is wrong. I should tighten up but keep it fold/raise pf as high card/folding the blinds is key. obvious really.

edit: results soon
Old 10-18-2005, 05:35 PM

I've never been a huge fan of "cleaning up my outs", but will occasionally do so on the flop. On the turn, you're talking about throwing in an extra BB with a very good chance of being 3bet, all to keep an ace from hitting 1 of 2 outs? (sure you said A6 may still be in here with 5 outs) It just seems like chip spewing to me.

As for the flop, I am more intereted in building a large multi-way pot in which I have up to 15 outs, than I am in kicking out QJ or whatever. I suppose there is some difference as you can kick out 8s and 2s and a whole lot of other hands. I don't know, I can see your argument here. You're a more experienced player than I, and a more profitable one from what I see in this forum. I'll give this idea more thought.

I still think raising the turn is wishful thinking.

Agreed that IF you are going to play this hand here, it should be raised PF.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:38 PM

Default reminder

so what do we think they had? did I lose badly? did I win?
Old 10-18-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Re: reminder

SB takes it down with 65. CO turns over A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: reminder

[ QUOTE ]
so what do we think they had? did I lose badly? did I win?

[/ QUOTE ]
so?
Old 10-19-2005, 03:56 AM

Default minimal results

SB shows A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I show K9 top pair.
CO mucks..... MHIG. no way of knowing on Pacific what he had i reckon 2 clubs like JT or something, or a badly slow-played pocket pair.

I was shocked to see the chips coming my direction after the flop action, though.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why has nobody stated that pf is bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

cuz you beat me to it?