Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 12:52 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: 6FU Series Finale (Don\'t Open, if you haven\'t seen)

yeah, it's not like the closure wasn't perfect. nathaniel smirking and nate's soak-it-in look at his mom followed by a forward smile is exactly how i'd hope death would be. nathaniel's response was like smiling when your kid is afraid to jump into the deep end of the pool. they're taking it so seriously, like everybody else did, but to those who have been there they know it's just a step in life and it's endearing.

i'm not upset by the way it ended, just that it has ended. there won't be another episode and it's killing me.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:37 PM

Default From a Funeral Director\'s View.....

Yes, I'm a licensed funeral director/embalmer, owning 3 funeral homes, and I must state that this show was, unequivocably for me at least, the best thing HBO has ever done.

For those wondering, some things on the show were VERY true to life, while others were a little more far-fetched, but it was a breath of fresh air from a network that has been hitting home runs in the cable series genre over the past 10 years or so.

Like many on here, I found the ending wonderfully perfect for the show, and I must admit that I cried almost hysterically (remember, this show has a little "more" for me than most) during the final 3-5 minutes. A truly masterful job of writing, directing, and acting in that small amount of time.

All in all, 6FU was a godsend for my line of work, as it made people ask more questions and get a bit more educated about the funeral industry in a way that only mainstream exposure can.

I remember thinking the first 15 minutes of the Season 3 opener was incredible, only to be surpassed by the episode where we have Nate's funeral (superb acting by both Michael C. Hall and Frances Conroy, both well deserving of Emmy awards, IMO) and now, to me, that was surpassed by just a little over 3 minutes of television in the series finale.

Kudos to HBO, Alan Ball, the cast and crew for what was, to me, the best of any series I have ever seen offered.

'Mez
Old 08-22-2005, 03:47 PM

I've never seen 6 feet under, but tuned in for the last 10 minutes or so while waiting for Entourage to start.

The death montage for some reason struck me as very funny. I didn't know (and thus care) about any of the characters, so when they had some random guy getting shot in like 2045 I just started cracking up. Also when the person did the whole walking away and collapse in 2053 or whatever I couldn't help think of Pai Mei and his 5 point exploding heart technique. And I couldn't help think how funny the last episode of Seinfeld would have been if they had shown Newman getting hit by a bus in 2047.

Plus there is no way that Prius or whatever the pale girl drove could make it across the country.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:24 PM

Nate's wife, Brenda, masturbating in front of her brother while he pontificates about how theraputic it will be for them was really funny. Oh and they were in their 70's or so.

Brenda was such a total whore it was a perfect ending for her.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:10 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

old people often twitch. people who are dying often twitch. old dying people probably twitch very often
Old 08-22-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
old people often twitch. people who are dying often twitch. old dying people probably twitch very often

[/ QUOTE ]

I downloaded it so I watched that part like 5 times. I think it was meant to be plausibly deniably ambiguous, but the intent was very clear.

Besides, you don't have a high level conversation with someone who's stroking out. (pun intended)
Old 08-22-2005, 05:30 PM

Brenda is masturbating on the couch and Billy is talking to her about how this is theraputic and by finally confronting this ...

They played loud music you probably missed what Billy was saying but as I said I watched it 5 or 6 times.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:45 PM

do you have a link to a torrent?

billy was talking about ted and still obsessing over claire. from the closed captioning:

"So, I'm expecting ... I'm expecting some form of response - emotional response. Ted responded in a way that I felt some emotional closure was necessary - was necessary for me. This is something that I've spent a lot of time working - Bren?"
Old 08-22-2005, 07:14 PM

Wow the music was pretty loud I could barely make out the words.

alt.binaries.multimedia

Maybe I'm wrong but if I am then it's kinda like when someone is lying and the body language says one thing and the words are saying something else.

I'm sure torrentreactor.net has it too.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:41 PM

I can see how - if you have never watched an episode of Six Feet Under but tuned in for the last 10 minutes before Entourage - the future scenes might've seemed funny.

For me, though, I'll admit that I, too, became very emotional seeing how everyone wound up. I lost it when Ruth died - that crumbled, heart-broken look on George's face was too much to bare. And the look between Keith and David at Ruth's funeral was very, very sad, too.

BTW, if you watch closely enough, you'll notice older versions of Mia and Willa at Claire's wedding. Both very hot.