Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Bodog lays the smackdown

seem very simpe to me, all they need to do is change he rate as wich one earns bodog points so that they are guranteed to not lose money.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:47 PM

it seems to me their bonuses are badly designed into drawing in either the good or bonus whoring player, and not the noobs. Their SNG deal is the sweetest thing around.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to lose a bunch of small winnings players that prop up their games

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding. If they're losing money to the whores they should fiddle with the clearing requirements rather than taking the bonus away completely. While making the requirements more difficult will no doubt lead to some of the whores leaving taking it away will guarantee they all leave.

I also like your responsible gambling angle...someone should send an email to Calvin Ayre (the bodog head pooh-bah) asking him about the wording (if for no other reason to have some fun [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).

J
Old 07-10-2005, 05:12 PM

Make as big a deposit as you can and after you worked off the requirements, dont cash it all out. Continue to play while the deposit is in progress with the money you have left. After you get the cash out, wait a few days or more, play a little, then make your next deposit.

That's what I'll be doing and if that's not good enough, then I guess it's a dead bonus. Or just an occassionaly used bonus with much more time in between deposits.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:15 AM

Within a day or two.

Definitely careless on my part.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:11 PM

Uh-oh...
I have been doing this for the past three months, but at first I would not redeposit for a few days. Last night I just withdrew with a plan on putting back in as soon as it clears. This would be my second time in two weeks doing that. They have never said anything in the past, but I wonder if I am next.
I have already decided that I plan on moving to somewhere else where I can get rakeback and use PT if they ever revoke my bonus.
There bonus is so easy to work off, they need to change the rules if they do not want people doing it...
Old 07-11-2005, 02:15 PM

Do you think it will fall?

What will fall?

The Roman Empire?

[censored] it....

(gotta love History of the world part 1)

RB
Old 07-11-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You must have beenCLEARING the bonus to be able to withdraw the whole amount, and then redeposite. So if you are clearing it, who the [censored] cares. But I will admit 20% is sweet. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy whos job it is to increase the bottom line? He MIGHT care, since its his job to increase profits.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Empire should take lessons from these guys. Bodog tells you exactly what the problem is and exactly what you can do to avoid further action. Nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The winning post of this thread by a HUGE margin.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to lose a bunch of small winnings players that prop up their games

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding. If they're losing money to the whores they should fiddle with the clearing requirements rather than taking the bonus away completely. While making the requirements more difficult will no doubt lead to some of the whores leaving taking it away will guarantee they all leave.

I also like your responsible gambling angle...someone should send an email to Calvin Ayre (the bodog head pooh-bah) asking him about the wording (if for no other reason to have some fun [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).

J

[/ QUOTE ]

Or they could leave everything 'as is' and send a nice email to the people who are clearly abusing the system and ask them to do it at a not so noticeable pace.

option 2 seems to make more sense.