Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 05-28-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Again, prolly basic...but I\'m still out of practice

Raise it up. You most likely have the best hand right now and your opponents are going to be willing to pay 2 SBs to see the turn if they have a decent draw. Build this pot, you have a ton of equity.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Charge the flush chases

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't charge flush draws out of the hand. They're correct to call even if it's 4 bets to them.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Charge the flush chases

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't charge flush draws out of the hand. They're correct to call even if it's 4 bets to them.

[/ QUOTE ]
They are right to call because the pot is large. However, our pot equity is higher than a flush draw's pot equity. Therefore a larger percentage of all the bets going in on each street ends up in our pocket.

If it were heads up and you had AK[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on a A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] flop and your opponent held 95[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], would you not bet because he would be correct to call?
Old 05-28-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Charge the flush chases

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They are right to call because the pot is large. However, our pot equity is higher than a flush draw's pot equity. Therefore a larger percentage of all the bets going in on each street ends up in our pocket.

If it were heads up and you had AK[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on a A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] flop and your opponent held 95[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], would you not bet because he would be correct to call?

[/ QUOTE ]

You misunderstood me, miles.

As I understand it, the flush draw and the top pair top kicker together have about 90% of the equity. The other hands are making a mistake by calling, and both TPTK and the flush draw make money on every bet that goes into the pot. The TPTK makes 60% of it, and the FD makes 35%.

Right?

And of course I'd still bet here. I never said I wouldn't.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:46 PM

It doesn't matter. This all stems from the "you can't make it incorrect for flush draws to call you." I fully agree with that, but what action am I supposed to take given that fact?

When you each put half of the bets in on a given street and you're going to win the pot more than half the time, you try to put as many bets as you can into the pot. Even in multiway pots, you're earning more from the bets going in than the flush draw is.

I guess I just get tired of seeing "you can't charge flush draws" because I don't know what the argument is.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:46 PM

I think the problem with saying "charge the flush draws" is that it implies that they are making a mistake to call.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the problem with saying "charge the flush draws" is that it implies that they are making a mistake to call.

[/ QUOTE ]
They are paying you by putting bets into the pot against you... is that not ch... You don't have to respond, really. There is no argument, simply a definition problem. I should never have said anything.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:55 PM

You must raise here. Sure, the flush draw is there but if you are going to lose with the trips you want to lose big.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Charge the flush chases

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, they are right to call.
Miles has covered this ground though.

Majority of the times we will win this, So in this situation im raising all day long and making them pay for chasing(and correctly so) there flush's.

Im a newbie, I worded it badly lol.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:15 PM

Random MS Paint/Political Humor for you. If this weren't Party 0.5/1, I'd be thinking about it, but this is Party 0.5/1, so...yeah.