Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-26-2005, 02:28 PM

Default HU value bet...

Villian in this hand was Frank from pokerroom. I felt like taking a short break from NL, and ventured to the HU tables. Anyway, i open Q7 in the SB and he defends. Flop is AKK. He check calls. Turns is a dud, and it goes check check.

The river is another dude, like a 3 or something. He checks, and i value bet. Yes?
Old 12-26-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: HU value bet...

I'd do it with a better queen...

Edit: sure why not, he'll call with JT
Old 12-27-2005, 02:21 PM

It looks very likely to me that you have the best hand. The problem with a bet in my opinion is that there probably aren't many worse hands that can call you. If you think he will call with J high, then I think a bet makes sense. If he won't and he would not have likely 3-bet preflop with better Q's, then I prefer a check because the only hands you can beat if called are worse Q's. However if he would have likely 3-bet preflop with better Q's, his hand sure looks alot like specifically JT or a worse Q and I like a bet.

Cartman
Old 12-27-2005, 02:43 PM

I wouldnt mind if you had a K, but I just don't think this gets payed off enough to warrant a bet. I guess it mostly depends on Frank's calling standards in hands like these.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt mind if you had a K, but I just don't think this gets payed off enough to warrant a bet. I guess it mostly depends on Frank's calling standards in hands like these.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he had a king he'd have trips..
Old 12-27-2005, 04:46 PM

I don't know. I mean there are two duds under your 7. So there are only 3 worse Qs he could call down with versus 4 better Qs. I don't know how often he'll call with J high in this spot... but I don't think it's that often.

Is it that unlikely for him to have a baby pair struggling to get to showdown? I guess preflop means we would have to discount it some... I'd check the river, and hope he checks. Calling if he bets.

Krishan
Old 12-27-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he had a king he'd have trips..

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm an [censored] idiot sometimes....disregard everything I said.