Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 11-29-2005, 08:37 PM

Default b2b network...multimonitors

i have just started using my first b2b room, and have a 4 monitor setup with 2 video cards.

whenever i try to move a table window from one monitor to another the window goes "streaked" and it crashes the client.

i saw something regarding this problem a few days ago while doing a google search on b2b. the reference to this problem, and the cure, were an obscure reference in a thread that had nothing to do with this particular problem.

as a result, i cannot find it again, try as i may.
(and i hadnt yet tried playing there when i saw the article, so of course i didnt bookmark the reference!)

anyone have any suggestions as to how to be able to move my multitables to another screen at b2b?

thanks.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Re: b2b network...multimonitors

Same problem for me...however it used to work. Since I reformatted my computer to clean things up, I can't move anything from B2B to my second monitor without problems. I tried updating Java, doesnt seem to make a difference. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 12-07-2005, 06:55 AM

It's a java problem. Upgrading java won't help since the client brings its own JRE. Strange that it used to work though, isn't supposed to.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:49 PM

The "Poker Web Client" (left hand side of the menu bar) allows one to position the screen anywhere on the desktop, including second monitor. Make sure to allow popups in Firefox or you wont be able to download it.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a java problem. Upgrading java won't help since the client brings its own JRE. Strange that it used to work though, isn't supposed to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it has alot to do with the video card drivers also. Even today all drivers are not mature when it comes to multimonitoring. There are also several apps that won't even start unless it is on the "primary" monitor.

The combination bad JRE and drivers are prolly what causes this.