Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 09:58 AM

Default Perhaps Murtha Has Gone Senile

The only other explanation is he is in the pay of Al queda and is committing gross treason.

I have seen several active duty military officers (serving in Iraq) saying we should finish the job and yet I have not seen any active duty officers in Iraq say we should cut and run.

70%+ of US military voted for Bush43. Looks like they support Bush's policies and not Murtha's coward strategy. Game-set-match. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Why Murtha Matters

Why is this so hard for people to see what I'm talking about?

Murtha is a politician. All politicians are required to respond to their political base. So, it that sense, Murtha is doing what has base wants him to.

The key thing is that his base is the top-level commanders of the U.S. Armed Forces.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Perhaps Murtha Has Gone Senile

Nice try.

51% of the general public voted for Bush and now they've changed their minds. Are military personal immune from changing their minds as well?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:07 AM

Also, the fact that you would even suggest that Murtha could be on the pay role of Al Queda shows that you have no idea what you're talking about.

I love people who read a lot of right-wing (or left-wing) blogs and then think they know what's going on.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:09 AM

First off, nothing has ever stopped Bush and his allies from attacking patriots and other critics of the war. Why is Murtha different?

Look, Murtha is one of the most important point person on Capital Hill for the U.S. Military. Period. Anyone who tells you anything different is just plan wrong.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:16 AM

He actually didn't serve for that long or ever obtain a particularly high rank.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is this so hard for people to see what I'm talking about?

Murtha is a politician. All politicians are required to respond to their political base. So, it that sense, Murtha is doing what has base wants him to.

The key thing is that his base is the top-level commanders of the U.S. Armed Forces.

[/ QUOTE ]
Top-level commanders of the U.S. Armed Forces are probably not even close to a majority of Murtha's base.

But let's pretend they do. Why aren't these top-level commanders speaking out themselves? Don't give me a "They'll lose their job if they do." line. If that's the case then they care more about their job than the lives of the men they command and I don't believe that's the case.

Is it really so unbelievable that Murtha could be representing the Democratic base that voted him in (or even certain political groups) as opposed to these shadowy "top-level commanders"?
Old 12-04-2005, 12:34 PM

If you have evidence that military support for Bush has dropped.....then post a link. I will look at it.

I have posted links on the 70%+ military support for Bush43 SEVERAL times on this site.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:44 PM

Also, the fact that you would even suggest that Murtha could be on the pay role of Al Queda shows that you have no idea what you're talking about.
I have not said Murtha is in the pay of Al qaeda but I will say if he was.....then his actions would be exactly the same as his current actions. He is giving aid and comfort to the enemy. And he is the number#1 draw on al jazeera TV..... He is the 'Axis Sally' and 'Tokyo Rose' on the war on terror.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:00 PM

Do you know anything about Murtha's base? Or the district he represents?

Based on your comment, I suspect you do not.