Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Re: There Was No Meltdown.

[ QUOTE ]
"He isn't going to Anyone unless its short-term, incentive-laden, and includes a clause to cut/deactivate him at the first sign of trouble with minimal impact on the salary cap."

[/ QUOTE ]

Even then, I seriously doubt it.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Eagles meltdown!!! HAHAHAH

[ QUOTE ]
"we?"

are you a memeber of the Dallas Cowboys?

[/ QUOTE ]

My roommate left USC two years ago, and I still hear "we" on Saturdays. He's not obnoxious about it, but when I watched USC-ND with him and a few other SC grads I was surprised to hear how many kept saying "OMG WE SCORED!!!!".

I'm willing to forgive my friends, seeing as it was the best game that'll happen this year, but the whole "we/they" thing does annoy me.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:44 AM

He could get a solid contract after this year. The whole "he'll only be signed to a one year deal is a complete joke."

T.O. is the best reciever in the league...Randy Moss isn't even close in comparison simply because he's incredibly lazy and shows up every other game.

T.O. won't get a huge contract but he'll get a good one and it will have strict rules within it....i.e. mouth off about anything team related and you get to hand back your entire signing bonus.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:35 AM

We is fine IMO. It's been discussed on this forum before, and the general consensus is that We is very acceptible for college teams, especially if you are an alumnus. It's more debatable for pro teams, but there's really nothing wrong with identifying with "your" team.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seattle has an easier schedule = home-field = Carolina comes to Seattle = Seattle wins NFC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Carolina is a more complete team + tougher schedule/beating quality opponents = Carolina wins NFC. Seattle will probably choke in the divisional round anyway [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Carolina is not a more complete team. Carolina has a below average offense and an above average defense. Seattle has an amazing offense and a below average defense.

Seattle is the class of the NFC by far.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:43 PM

WE WE WE WE WE WE WE WE WE WE WE WE WE

WE (COWBOYS) ARE IN FIRST PLACE OF THE NFC EAST!!!!

It felt great to type that. Haven't said that in a while.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seattle has an easier schedule = home-field = Carolina comes to Seattle = Seattle wins NFC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Carolina is a more complete team + tougher schedule/beating quality opponents = Carolina wins NFC. Seattle will probably choke in the divisional round anyway [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Carolina is not a more complete team. Carolina has a below average offense and an above average defense. Seattle has an amazing offense and a below average defense.

Seattle is the class of the NFC by far.

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll have to agree to disagree. Carolina has a below-average offense??? I don't think so. Seattle "the class of the NFC" is just funny.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:28 PM

There is no opinion in this matter, there's only fact. Their offense consists of Steve Smith, who's having an amazing year, and nothing else. They're rushing for 3.0 ypc!

They're a one dimensional-offense, and that dimension is Steve Smith. Every other receiver is below average, and so is everybody that's running the ball. DeShaun Foster and Kris Mangum have managed some value, but they get thrown at so little.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He could get a solid contract after this year. The whole "he'll only be signed to a one year deal is a complete joke."

T.O. is the best reciever in the league...Randy Moss isn't even close in comparison simply because he's incredibly lazy and shows up every other game.

T.O. won't get a huge contract but he'll get a good one and it will have strict rules within it....i.e. mouth off about anything team related and you get to hand back your entire signing bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but isn't T.O.'s window closing? I think he's 32 or 33 and he won't be happy unless he gets a bigger contract than he has now. No team is going to sign him for more than what the Eagles had him signed for. It's not like he's entering the prime of his career, he is nearing the end of it. I am assuming that he wanted his contract re-negotiated because he knows he only has one more shot a big payday. Honestly, who is going to give him a 6 year contract knowing he'll be in his late 30's at the end of it?

On a side note, I don't understand this about NFL players. If contracts aren't gaurenteed, why do players sign long contracts knowing they will be cut well before the contract is up? Why not sign 2 year deals and just go to the highest bidder every 2 years?
Old 11-20-2005, 01:13 PM

I think you need to turn on your sarcasm detector.
Bingo!