Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 07-26-2005, 12:17 PM

Default online skill compared to live (kinda OT q/searching)

I've seen it discussed many times here and there but can't find anything definitive searching. What I'm looking for are threads discussing differences in skill level at an online limit and its comparable live limit (like $0.5/1 online being similar to $2/4 live, etc)...
Old 07-26-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: online skill compared to live (kinda OT q/searching)

And the answer is.....

IT DEPENDS! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It depends on where you play online, and where you play live. For instance, Absolute 1/2 is probably tougher than 15-30 at my local card room, but Party 2/4 is probably similar to their 6/12 game.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:28 PM

$2/4 and $3/6 live (vegas as a benchmark) is generally accepted to be about the same difficulty as the .5/1 or 1/2 at Party. But I've played in 10/20 games that were looser than party 2/4. Generally the players online tend to be more aggressive, while live consists of a large % of loose passive or tight passive players. Your strengths also are a factor to consider. Do you enjoy observing the table and picking up solid reads, or are you more of a mathematical player that plays a straightforward solid game? I don't have much live experience, and I'm a much more profitable online player. Also, even if the online game is slightly tougher, you can multitable and the smaller rake can allow for a better winrate than live.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:36 PM

I played 4/8 at the Wynn that was comparable to Paradise's .25/.50. That was their lowest limit game. I guess it's like what Bodhi said, it depends.