Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Again, prolly basic...but I\'m still out of practice

[ QUOTE ]
Shameless bump...Anyone else?

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

raise. there aren't really second best hands to be made here except Ax. people will either catch a profitable draw (bd flush/straight) or have a hand that they may have happily called two on the flop with.

since you have a set here, everyone's implied odds go way up for the hands that could beat you (overpairs to 77, bd draws, gutters).. something like 88 could likely call profitably getting 10:1 immediate odds.. even though it would be a bad call if you had a worse hand. fundamental theorem or something [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-----------

as an aside:

"protecting from flush draws" would mean you could make it incorrect for them to call.

"charging flush draws" means they will lose money on that *one* street. you can charge a flush draw on the turn HU in a 100 BB pot.. even if they are correct to call your bet.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:51 PM

With 6 friends, I think you easily get enough coldcalling to make up for pushing out the "1 but not 2" crowd.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Table just turned over for so reads are not solid, but most seem lpp. What do you do in this situation and why? Thx in advance.

-Jaran

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5. UTG posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero...

edited to add reads

[/ QUOTE ]

So, like I said, I'm out of practice. For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to call and keep around some customers. Anyways, here's how the hand played out. (on the plus side, my mistake allowed me the always supersexy call/3bet line)

-Jaran

...calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (14 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 05-29-2005, 12:57 AM

Raise, like everyone else sez.

Some additional perspective, though, because I do use the play a lot of holding off on my raises or checkraises until I can put them in for a BB on the turn. The problem with waiting and a board like this is that if a blank hits on the turn to make you really comfortable putting a raise in all the players might simply disappear. Put more money in while everyone is around and still counting backdoor outs. The bigger pot means you might get some call downs from hands that have little or no chance to outdraw you.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:59 AM

Raise that 7 days a week and twice on Sundays.