Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 03-01-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: College Advice.

You should quit school and become an internet poker pro.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Brilliant.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:16 PM

Awesome, these responses are great so far. I especially like this PM I got shortly after I posted.

from granny50

[ QUOTE ]

I can help you out. I can offer you private online lessons via messenger or AOL. For more information here's my (beta) website:
http://www.2hot2cool.com/11/shehzad20/index.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

sexypanda: yes I am taking precalc in college, my high school advisor [censored] me over and instead of taking it in high school they put me in Algebra 3. So it didn't count as exempting it.

jakethebake: Quarter mid-life crisis.. hmm thats interesting. Maybe I should buy a $60,000 car and forget about college.

Patrick: About to go buy WoW now, cheers!

mmbt0ne: I'm guessing you are a GA resident as well. I know I'm getting evaluated this semester, but I never heard about the 2/3 class rule. Can you show me a link?

voltron: My gut is telling me that as well.

Boris: No, I'm not a troll, I'm just starting to post in OOT more than the strat forums. Thanks for the comments. I'm still trying to adjust to college which is why I didn't go to 100% of my classes. Parents were assholes so I enjoyed my freedom a little bit too much, sue me. Oh and the HOPE scholarship is a regular Georgia thing. Every high school student who graduates with a 3.0 or above gets it. Not a huge deal to get. Not changing my major, there's nothing else I would rather do than computers. It's what I enjoy in life. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

ChoicestHops: I'm going to talk to my advisor tomorrow and make sure that I can drop these classes and keep Hope if my GPA is good.

Patrick: Yea, calc blows. I was actually thinking of doing a dual-major in engineering but I decided against it because it was an extremem amount of work. 18 hour semesters minimum.

Yea, I know I [censored] up dropping so many classes. Not going to class has already cost me two classes so far this semester. Another one I missed a paper and a quiz on the same day, so my 90 average went to a 30.
Last semester I started with 15 hours and ended with 8, and this semester I started with 12 and will be ending with 7 probably.

That's what my Dad says too about working now so you don't have to in the future. Good advice, I'm trying to take it.

bosoxfan: Dude, you are so right. Screw college.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:18 PM

PdPG,

Great freakin' post. Couldn't have said it better myself.

FYI: Technically, 12 credit-hours is full-time.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically, because I started both semesters off with 12 hours, I am still full-time.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:20 PM

^ What he said, especially the father-knows-best crap.
8 credits in one semester is a joke. What are you doin with all of that freaking time. I took 12 credits last semester and I felt like a bum. It sounds like you really need to get your priorities straight, I would hope that urgency to keep your scholarship would be enough but apparently thats not even getting the job done. You need to figure out what you are doing in life, why you should be motivated and do it right now. I say drop that precalc class now and work your ass off in the coming years, I know plenty of kids who have done college in 3 years so you can still do it in 4 if you pick it up. Sorry to sound harsh, but from the sounds of it you are one freakin' slacking freshman who needs a swift kick in the ass.
I honestly do hope that it all works out for you, good luck.
O yah, you already have over double the posts I do and you've been a member for 2 months, lay off the boards a little.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I thought - that's what it was when I went to school, but I thought maybe GT (you going to G. Tech, Caruso?) counted things a little differently.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:24 PM

I am a bum at the moment. I have no drive. No motivation to get a job so I have any spending cash. No motivation to get up for class (hence why I missed so many). It sounds stupid but yea I'm pretty damn lazy. I want to be a computer programmer as a career, or something in IT, that is why I'm a Comp Sci major.

Yea, I do need a kick in the ass I guess. I've gotten plenty so far though.

Most of my posts are from SSNL forum. When you see the majority of my posts lacking any substance then tell me to lay off the boards.

Patrick: I'm going to Georgia College and State University.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-01-2005, 05:26 PM

The only line I can find is that you must be

"Be making satisfactory academic progress."

I don't know if there's anything more concrete than that, but I know that my friend lost it when he only completed about 40% of his required hours. I just pulled that 2/3 number out of my ass.