Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 04:24 AM

Default I can\'t believe Empire Poker is giving people their money!

good thing the owners went public and didnt tell anyone that their billion dollar investment would be worth nothing soon!!
Old 10-11-2005, 04:26 AM

Default Re: I can\'t believe Empire Poker is giving people their money!

seriously what is the deal here. how was this information not public and widespread? this company just became worthless? shouldn't someone be going to jail?
Old 10-11-2005, 04:28 AM

why are they worthless?

what countries' jails to you propose someone go to?
Old 10-11-2005, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why are they worthless?

what countries' jails to you propose someone go to?

[/ QUOTE ]

can you just come out and say what you want to say instead of dicking me around?
Old 10-11-2005, 04:39 AM

Could you explain how Empire is worthless?
Old 10-11-2005, 04:41 AM

I think my questions were pretty clear.

Why would you think that Empirepoker is worthless now?

How would somebody be jailed for the recent actions and what country would this take place in?

Sorry for basically repeating the same questions I just asked.
Basically, I guess I'm saying that you're over-reacting (which seems to be the 'new black' on 2+2 these days).

In other words: I don't think that empire is worthless. I don't think anyone should or would be jailed...and even if it were possible I don't know where this would take place or who it would involve.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:45 AM

IGM banks Empire so there really is not any doubt the Empire money is good.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

How would somebody be jailed for the recent actions and what country would this take place in?

Basically, I guess I'm saying that you're over-reacting (which seems to be the 'new black' on 2+2 these days).

In other words: I don't think that empire is worthless. I don't think anyone should or would be jailed...and even if it were possible I don't know where this would take place or who it would involve.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think the people in this forum are overreacting. the second network is practically a ghost town. do you think business for empire is going to pick up anytime soon or just continue to diminish?

i dont know who should be jailed or how that works, all i know is that this seems to be a major over sight by the empire company. dont companies give interviews and talk about the dfuture? when empire was floated did the CEO's mention this ASTRONOMICAL event that just seemed to spring up like magic????
Old 10-11-2005, 05:01 AM

8,000 players is a ghost-town??

(I remember when I started playing on pokerstars in Feb, 2003 and thinking how cool it was that they had 1500 players on at the same time during peak hours).

Do you even know whether they have THAT many fewer players than they had before?

Obviously they have less than before...and some of the 2+2 multi-tablers are cashing-out some decent sized rolls they had on there.
But even with all this I'm pretty sure we all know that Empire never had THAT many players to begin with.

When there were 70k players on during peak-hours we already knew that only a small fraction of those players were Empire's.

Have you even considered the possibility that they won't have to give part of the rake back to Party now?

They even had a couple 100/200 games going yesterday on the empire/eurp network for crying out loud.

I think your tone is indicative of the panic that I was referring to.
Whether you believe it or not...it's not the end of the world. And my hunch is that it probably isn't the end of Empire either.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think the people in this forum are overreacting. the second network is practically a ghost town. do you think business for empire is going to pick up anytime soon or just continue to diminish?

i dont know who should be jailed or how that works, all i know is that this seems to be a major over sight by the empire company. dont companies give interviews and talk about the dfuture? when empire was floated did the CEO's mention this ASTRONOMICAL event that just seemed to spring up like magic????

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know that party notified anyone at empire? It seems like if empire had known they would have warned the affilates so they could give their players some kind of preemptive warning+incentive to stay.