Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Re: July 1

I do worry alot about it being too tolkien esq but at the same time that is what my interest is in right now. Changing genres at this point would not provide much entertainment for me.

My hope is to do something that would be a cross between lord of the rings and something like the winds of war. Basically instead of a situation where one person or group in involved in winning every battle along the way to winning the war, I want to great a few seperate and distinct groups of characters each involved in a seperate struggle that when viewed together become part of a larger struggle. These characters would not generally be aware of involved with one another as they were in LOTR.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The "hero" would be by a day a professional poker player who travels the world chasing the latest tournament of big game. This is just a cove r though as his real profession is a hitman, either working for the US government of assassain for hire I haven't decided yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't know about the rest of the story, but as a movie this would have the potential to have one of the classic poker table scenes. Hero is chasing his biggest mark through several cities, playing poker along the way, suffering bad beat after bad beat. But the mark is eluding him until he follows him to Vegas and, lo and behold, the mark turns up and joins the NL poker game hero is in. They wind up heads up and all-in after the flop, hero with 999 versus 3 to a flush. Mark draws runner-runner to make his flush. Mark jumps up, yelling, "I beat you, flush over 3 nines." Hero calmly pulls out his 9mm and drills the mark between the eyes and says, "Well, actually, I have 4 nines."
Old 07-02-2005, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The "hero" would be by a day a professional poker player who travels the world chasing the latest tournament of big game. This is just a cove r though as his real profession is a hitman, either working for the US government of assassain for hire I haven't decided yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't know about the rest of the story, but as a movie this would have the potential to have one of the classic poker table scenes. Hero is chasing his biggest mark through several cities, playing poker along the way, suffering bad beat after bad beat. But the mark is eluding him until he follows him to Vegas and, lo and behold, the mark turns up and joins the NL poker game hero is in. They wind up heads up and all-in after the flop, hero with 999 versus 3 to a flush. Mark draws runner-runner to make his flush. Mark jumps up, yelling, "I beat you, flush over 3 nines." Hero calmly pulls out his 9mm and drills the mark between the eyes and says, "Well, actually, I have 4 nines."

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain laughs. "I don't care how many 9s you have...my goons still have an equity edge with their AKs! AK...Fourty-sevens, that is!"
Shootout ensues.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Summer of [censored]

25NL is a rock garden from what I have been reading.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Summer of [censored]

[ QUOTE ]
25NL is a rock garden from what I have been reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm no, not even close. Whoever said that is either intentially lying or completely out of their mind.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain laughs. "I don't care how many 9s you have...my goons still have an equity edge with their AKs! AK...Fourty-sevens, that is!"
Shootout ensues.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the guns get shot out of everyone's hands, and the Hero and Villain are forced into a titanic hand-to-hand struggle. It culminates fifteen minutes later with the Hero astride the Villain's unconscious body.

He wipes his face with an oily rag and, still panting, says,

"Now that's a bad beat."