Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Re: My 2 years

bush sucks at poker?
Old 08-06-2005, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I started doing things I'm not proud of. I stole, a lot. Mainly bikes left unlocked at random places on campus. i'd resell em to friends for 30-40 bucks. that year i stole in excess of 40 bikes.

[/ QUOTE ]

you owe me some money you mother fcucker.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting!

You suck (at poker),
You steal
You get lucky with one of your stupid ventures
You now try to persuade others to join your foolish quest

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't defend Klepton's bike theft to support an obvious gambling problem. I'm not offended or inspired by his post, although I am happy that he seems to have straightened himself out a bit. It would have been nice if he'd made it clearly in the OP that he seriously regrets his actions (which I felt was implied in parts, but he never comes out and says). And it'd be fair of him to attempt some form of restitution through charity or something. Anyone who is a bit taken aback by the bikes thing, I can understand that I guess.

But.

1) Klepton far from "sucks" at poker. This is very stupid of you.
2) His post regarding moving up isn't a "foolish quest," it's a kick in the ass to some people who hesitate to move up without much reason. AKA strong players with healthy bankrolls who don't depend on their poker earning to live. See: a third of the SS forum. I think sthief's posts on needing a massive bankroll and the nastiness of variance are a great balance. Frankly, around here there's always some people rushing up the limits faster than they can probably handle, and others dragging their feet despite having the skill and the bankroll to move up.

[ QUOTE ]
And somehow you actually manage to get praised while doing all of this...

Exactly like Bush!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no fan of Bush, this may be the DUMBEST comparison ever. Please keep politics to the politics forum, kthx.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I started doing things I'm not proud of. I stole, a lot. Mainly bikes left unlocked at random places on campus. i'd resell em to friends for 30-40 bucks. that year i stole in excess of 40 bikes.

[/ QUOTE ]

you owe me some money you mother fcucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone was asking if you were dead in #sstakes today.

How's Europe?
Old 08-06-2005, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriosusly, all the people hating on the # of bikes Klepton stole need to taste a grip of reality that is isla vista. The ammount of bikes stolen is absoultely incredible. Like I have said, nobody gives a flying [censored] crap about the bikes. Everyone gets bike stolen and everyone steals bikes. The people who don't care are just stupid ass idiots who don't understand the IV scene.

PEACE.

ps. drinking rulez!!!one!!!oneeeee!ee!eee!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure klepton owes me some $$$.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:15 AM

I know i would be flamed for the post (and rightfully so, i was going for a cheap point) but id like to clarify one thing:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole post was in chrolongical order and through his own statement he sucked at poker in the beginning (which led to theft) and i was not making a judgment on his skills at the moment.

Regarding the other things you are right ofcourse and i'm not trying to deny responsibility for my post in any way.

Regards
Snow
Old 08-06-2005, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know i would be flamed for the post (and rightfully so, i was going for a cheap point) but id like to clarify one thing:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole post was in chrolongical order and through his own statement he sucked at poker in the beginning (which led to theft) and i was not making a judgment on his skills at the moment.

Regarding the other things you are right ofcourse and i'm not trying to deny responsibility for my post in any way.

Regards
Snow

[/ QUOTE ]

You used the current tense.

[ QUOTE ]
You suck (at poker)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-06-2005, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Regards
Snow

[/ QUOTE ]

You used the current tense.

[ QUOTE ]
You suck (at poker)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to look at the whole post including all statements before you go grammar police on me.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He had the courage and strength of character to recognize, admit and learn from his terrible mistakes in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually he was just showing off. That is not repentence. He even told an amusing anecdote about his previous wild ways. People who have changed themselves do not tell funny stories about the bad things they have done. To better understand this you should look at the behavior of recovering addicts.

I say this not giving two hoots that some guy on a message board stole some bikes. It is just obvious that circumstance, and not attitude have lead to his change in behavior. Which is still good, as when he matures he will have the opportunity for his attitude to change as well.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Actually he was just showing off. That is not repentence. He even told an amusing anecdote about his previous wild ways. People who have changed themselves do not tell funny stories about the bad things they have done. To better understand this you should look at the behavior of recovering addicts.

I say this not giving two hoots that some guy on a message board stole some bikes. It is just obvious that circumstance, and not attitude have lead to his change in behavior. Which is still good, as when he matures he will have the opportunity for his attitude to change as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. As someone said, everyone's done stuff in their past that they aren't proud of and/or regret. But with Klepton, it was barely two years ago and he isn't acting like he genuinely feels bad for what he did, he's acting more along the lines of "well, I don't have to do that any more."

Especially with all the jokes he's been making about it, I really wouldn't be surprised if he really hasn't changed a whole lot since then, he just no longer feels like he needs to steal bikes.

As someone else said, it's easy to look back and say you were wrong when you're sitting on a nice, fat roll. The real question is, if he were to lose that roll tomorrow, would he be right back out there stealing?