Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 07:25 AM

Default NL grinder gone 6max

after being a moderate sucessful NL grinder (1/2 through 3/6) for 2 years i've decided to try the 6max limit games.
A general observation i've made is that it's faaaar much more fun to play limit and especially 6max. The suckouts and swings are hard to cope with though.

Anyway, i know i make alot of mistakes so i hope you more experienced ppl could help me out with some hands.

Villain seems to be decent but could probably be on tilt after a few beats.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Comments on all streets greatly appreciated.

Another question, any books that is a must get for a 6max:er? I have SSHE,TOP,HEFAP and WLLHE...

Regards
Snow
Old 07-26-2005, 07:30 AM

Default Re: NL grinder gone 6max

i like to bet this river against most opponents, youd be suprised how many calls you'll get with weaker hands, and very seldom get check-raised on this board.

If you do get check-raised here though, against an aggresive opponent i will still call down here too, because they will be bluffing far to often with a river check-raise- bluff to even fold on a four flush.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Re: NL grinder gone 6max

you're playing limit, the land of value bets and crying calls my friend! welcome to the light. this is a very easy river bet, especially as you have position and the opponent would likely bet his flush here.

and while i would still call if checkraised
i disagree w/the other poster in that i don't see checkraise bluffs in this situation much (or much at all). a checkraise bluff on a 4-suited board would actually be much more likely than on this one.