Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 08:12 AM

Default Folding TPGK

SB is TAG, UTG is LAG. Anyone fold or just call this flop? Calling didn't make much sense to me, as I would have no idea where I stand. Folding seemed possible considering the equity deficit I have from the flush out there, and the fact that SB capped preflop.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

River: (14.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB
Old 10-15-2005, 08:22 AM

Default Re: Folding TPGK

The turn fold is super standard after UTG calls the 4-flush board.

The flop action is a little trickier; I personally like a call. Over a quarter of the deck can change your equity dramatically, so I think you'd like to wait for a brick to fall before you give serious action. You can also see if SB is willing to 3-bet this board out of position - that can give you an idea about where you are without raising. Raising to find out where you stand is expensive and not necessary here since you're probably in a slightly ahead/way behind situation.

I'd say it's close between calling and folding the flop, but getting 8:1 I just can't fold yet.