Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Top two in BB and so confused

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Button ($99.70)
SB ($334.30)
Hero ($200)
UTG ($79.90)
MP ($376.66)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, MP calls $2, Button calls $2, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($10) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, UTG calls $9, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $18</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls $9, UTG calls $9.

Turn: ($64) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $30</font>, Hero calls $30, UTG calls $28.

River: ($154) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2</font>, MP calls $2, Hero calls $2.

Final Pot: $160

Every street can be debated. Flop I should just 3-bet, but I'm basically looking for a nice turn. It didn't come, so I check to see the action. Fold? Call? Not sure what to there.

River is a wtf as well.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Top two in BB and so confused

I like a flop 3bet.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:41 PM

bizarre hand. i say that UTG took it down with a set of 3s, otherwise he has AQ.

i dunno. strange hand,
Old 09-13-2005, 09:42 PM

agreed. re-raise and fold to push.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:43 PM

u have to 3 bet the flop its a draw heavy board and MP is in the hand.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:49 PM

looks not too bad, though I would probably CR weak (50?) on river. Will not be suprised to split with MP.

Weird hand though.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:50 PM

That river bet is awesome. I feel like a huge dork laughing out loud at that but...I did.

I also would suggest reraising the flop. It depends on the player though. Some players get really excited hitting top pair so I guess I couldn't say exactly what I'd do. I definitely think I'm beat here on the turn though. One of them had to be sticking around with the flush draw. Maybe MP had the flush draw and felt like trying a raise on the flop to take it down immediately. I don't know, it's hard to say....weird hand.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:02 AM

Okay here's my official read:
UTG has the flush, he's just bad. He called with the draw on the flop. He hits it on the turn and comes out betting (He just hits the automatic bet button). MP has the set and wants to test the waters to see if anyone has the flush. He raises the weak bet on the turn. UTG of course calls because he has the flush. On the river UTG gets "aggressive" again and autobets. MP obviously doesn't have the flush and is scared someone has it because he got two callers to his turn raise.

UTG's $2 bet on the turn and river led me to the conclusion that he is just plain bad. This convinced me that he would have chased the flush with bad odds. Why would he check the flop and bet the turn unless the 4s helped him? I'm pretty sure UTG hit the flush. Of course hero couldn't of known this at the time...I speculate after seeing all the rounds.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
agreed. re-raise and fold to push.

[/ QUOTE ]Any plausible draw has enough equity to call xorbie's allin here. If x 3-bets less than allin, the pot is big enough for the draw to push and still profit when he calls.

Anyway, I think flat calling the flop forces us to check-fold the turn.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:02 PM

I don't hate the flop call if you are planning to raise a non-scary turn. After the turn action, I really think you have the third best hand. I'm thinking MP has a set of 3's and UTG hit his flush. I'd fold to the turn raise. You don't have that much invested at this point and I just don't see any way that your hand is good.