Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Best dart board?

I'm thinking of buying a dartboard for my apartment. First question is should I get a normal dartboard or electronic one? I've played both, and they seem very different, but I'm still not sure which to get. Either way, recommendations? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Best dart board?

I like the normal one I have here, because it allows me to use my cool steel tipped darts. I'm thinking of getting an electronic one though. They're easier to play games on (more fun for guests), and most bars have electronic ones with soft tipped darts.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:33 PM

ease of score keeping makes the electronic much more convenient, but if you are only playing 301, 501, and cricket the cork isn't to bad. I guess I would get the cork board if I lived in a house, and the electronic one if I lived in an apartment.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ease of score keeping makes the electronic much more convenient, but if you are only playing 301, 501, and cricket the cork isn't to bad. I guess I would get the cork board if I lived in a house, and the electronic one if I lived in an apartment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember my two hat tricks in one night?? That was on an electronic board. Cork is better though, my unused board is cork.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:02 AM

Cork, they never break and hold the darts better, at least in my experience. It's not very hard to keep track of a few numbers, just pick up a chalkboard if you don't care about getting chalk everywhere or get a whiteboard which is little bit cleaner.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way you are reccomending an electronic dart board. All this time I thought you were an O.G.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:07 AM

I have many drunken hours on an electric one. Although throwing the steel tipped ones are nicer.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:42 AM

Yeah I'm not really concerned about keeping score, that's easy enough regardless of the type of board. Is it just me or do the darts throw much differently on each type of board? I've always wanted to buy a cork one, but I seem to be much less accurate, and my darts are much less straight compared to the electronic one.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:04 AM

Let's have no more talk about cork/paper coil, electronic scoring or frickin' plastic-tipped darts. Proper dartboards are made from pressure-bound bristles. This is a game where the best equipment in the world, as used in the world championships, is not expensive. You need the Winmau Blade II Dartboard.

Accept no substitute.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's have no more talk about cork/paper coil, electronic scoring or frickin' plastic-tipped darts. Proper dartboards are made from pressure-bound bristles. This is a game where the best equipment in the world, as used in the world championships, is not expensive. You need the Winmau Blade II Dartboard.

Accept no substitute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was about to post this, its the board ro have and its not even close.