Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: My doooces

Easy fold. UTG may be raising a little light, but I'm not to eager to play deuces against a cold caller and then a solid player's 3-bet. You're getting, at best (if the BB and UTG call), 5:1 odds and you're 7:1 to hit your set. I doubt you have any chance of winning against that many people if you don't hit your set.

EDIT: I guess implied odds make this a closer decision, since if you do hit your set, you'll likely make a TON of bets.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:02 PM

I don't like playing small pairs from the SB for more than a single raise. 22 is a set or fold hand, especially OOP. You're OOP at the very least won't even have a chance to try and go for a free card.

I fold and cry when a 2 comes out on the flop.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since when are 5:1 and 20:4 different?

[/ QUOTE ]
since whoever invented hold'em decided not to multiply the postflop bet size by the number of small bets someone put in preflop.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since our implied odds are divided by (almost) four in the latter.

Grunching Via Wookies Challenge.

I do not think you can call three bets here profitably. We have a raise and a reraise in front of us and all we have is a pair of dooces.
Maybe my math is way off here, but there are 8.5 SB's in this pot and it is 3 SB to us. (.5SB+1SB+2SB+2SB+3SB= 8.5 SB or maybe i am off) Almost 3 to 1 on the call but we are about 7.5 to 1 to flop a set or better. Im not sure implied odds warrant a call here.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
since whoever invented hold'em decided not to multiple the postflop bet size by the number of small bets someone put in preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, now I don't have to think of a coherent response, and yours is much much wittier than what I had started writing. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

EDIT: But I will try a more helpful analysis anyways. If we are 4 handed I would put 1SB preflop in with 22 as even though I am 7.5:1 to hit a set I can easily make up that 3.5BB if I do hit a set. But if I'm putting in 4SB, I have to make up 4 times that (15SB postflop) which usually ain't happening.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hello.

Help!

I've been at the table for a few orbits.

UTG is a somewhat loose and very aggressive player (say like 28/16), MP2 is a bad player like (40/1), MP3 seems to be good, solid, and aggressive (and so far is like 24/15 but only after 25 hands or so and seems to be getting good cards). BB limps too much and is fairly passive overall but hasn't done anything remarkable so far.

Full ring 1/2

Fishaholic is SB with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG raises, folded to MP2 calls two cold, MP3 3-bets, Hero calls??...

[/ QUOTE ]

ok. fine. fair enough on the points raised...
i felt there was a great chance BB calls and a small chance UTG capped. unfortunately, BB folded but at least UTG didn't cap. MP2 called one more.

Flop: (4 ppl, 13 sb) T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, UTG checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets... what do I do?
Old 10-26-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If BB calls, UTG caps and everyone calls we are getting 16.5:3.5 = 4.7:1

If UTG doesn't cap and BB calls then we are getting 12.5:2.5 = 5:1

We also need more implied odds to breakeven when it gets capped. At a certain point, the implied odds just aren't there. I have no idea when that point is though.

Brad
Old 10-26-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hello.

Help!

I've been at the table for a few orbits.

UTG is a somewhat loose and very aggressive player (say like 28/16), MP2 is a bad player like (40/1), MP3 seems to be good, solid, and aggressive (and so far is like 24/15 but only after 25 hands or so and seems to be getting good cards). BB limps too much and is fairly passive overall but hasn't done anything remarkable so far.

Full ring 1/2

Fishaholic is SB with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG raises, folded to MP2 calls two cold, MP3 3-bets, Hero calls??...

[/ QUOTE ]

ok. fine. fair enough on the points raised...
i felt there was a great chance BB calls and a small chance UTG capped. unfortunately, BB folded but at least UTG didn't cap. MP2 called one more.

Flop: (4 ppl, 13 sb) T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, UTG checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets... what do I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would fold, I think a good aggressive player is 3betting PF here with a big overpair way too often to think about putting in any more money here.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:14 PM

I fold my bottom pair in a multiway semi-coordinated board.