Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 12-29-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Is GWB exploiting a state of perpetual war to stifle internal diss

Cant you read? They lied to her about how he died to manipulate the media. I completely obliterated your assertations you fool. All you can do is resort to ann coultersque name calling lol.

No more calling me a monkey, you go on block now.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:51 AM

For anyone else who is interested, I thought this web page about Tillman and his funeral was really illuminating. You have to scroll down some to see the part about Tillman. But, it does give you the sense that it's all really a lot more complicated than you might suspect.

Perhaps these complications are the reason why this story hasn't been beat to death by the press. I can't believe for a minute that they would abstain from it out of respect for the family.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:52 AM

Oh no, I made a monkey troll's ignore list. I guess he won't call me an idiot anymore.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You'd think she would be MUCH bigger than Cindy Sheehan. It looks like this little liberal exercise of the press went splat like wet toilet paper on a bathroom wall. Probably because no one has heard anything more from Tillman's mom. One would think, at least I do, that if she had a score to settle over the obviously vast right wing conspiracy to kill her peace loving Army Ranger son, she would be out shouting to the rafters and it would be the biggest news for months until she got answers.

Why has none of this happened?

That's where it all falls apart for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have absolutely no idea how Pat Tillman felt about the war, or what his mother does or doesn't believe.

But regardless, merely because his mother hasn't sought attention means 'it all falls apart' for you?

There could be a many, varied reasons why she hasn't sought attention following Pat's death, irrespective of the veracity of stories regarding vast right-wing conspiracies, her son's opposition to the war, etc.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:44 PM

I can find no fault with your thinking, DVaut.

I honestly don't know how Tillman felt about the war he was in. I do know, that on mission, sometimes, my feelings about what I was doing changed on a daily basis. I read Thereau, too. It did not make me anti-military. Some days I was happy to be a part of something meaningful and some days I felt I was a pawn in a game where I had no stake, other than my own life.

I don't know how is mother feels about his death. I could not begin to fathom the rage or despair she may feel. I cannot understand her motivations for saying what she did to the press. One of her reasons for not embracing the media is perhaps she does not wish to be percieved as a publicity hound capitalizing on the death of her son or perhaps she does not want to be thrown out like so much used kleenex when she is no longer the cause celebe.

So perhaps all the inuendo is true. Perhaps Tillman got fragged on orders straight from the desk of Karl Rove to avoid his meteoric Kerryesque rise to political prominance upon his return, which, as we all know, would have been a disaster for the maniacal power elites which pull the strings of GWB. Perhaps....If only.....

Or maybe it's fevered fantasy from desparate minds, who are desparate to believe they have the world figured out.

More likely, the truth is somewhere in between and will never be known for sure.

I am no longer going to discuss Pat Tillman as political theatre. I cheapen his sacrifice by doing so. So do all those who seek political gain from the deaths of soldiers. For that I feel sorry.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GWB loves the Jewish state because it is a prerequisite for the rapture. what happens to the Jews during the rapture anyway?

Kurn: Well, hold on a minute. Some Christian fundies support Israel for that reason, true, but it's a stretch to sat that Dubya does. More likely he supports israel because they're the only true republic in the region, but I guess that doesn't fit your Weltanschauung.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I believe that it is a falacy that our government cares about the nature of foreign countries' political systems unless vilifing them is convienent for us with respect to propaganda.

Kurn: Meh. This is true of all government.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, now thats trolling.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:42 PM

No, it's entirely possible to support Israel for it's form of government and to ultimately not care how accurate that opinion is, *and* it's entirely possible to truly believe that their form of government is of value *and* support it because it helps your own cause (i.e it has propaganda value)

Finally, he thinks that supporting a government for propaganda reasons is unique to some political entities. That is supremely naive.