Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Pocket QQ

Did I screw up Pocket QQs here?

I considered folding on the flop when someone came out gunning with an A on the board. I figured it was fold or raise to clear out the BB.

I opted for raising and the sneak re-raised. I had only 2 outs but at that point the pot was so large I figured I had a good chance to get the pot odds I needed on the turn if I hit the Q etc...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero folds.

River: (9.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
Old 12-20-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Pocket QQ

Yeah you have 2 outs, but pocket Q is not a drawing hand. Play this hand aggressively because it wins often unimproved.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:24 PM

I don't think this is a bad play at all. Your raise might get you HU with UTG+1. You're definitely beat when BB 3-bets on you, but you can close the action getting 15-1. With the BB 3 betting you. You should be able to get enough big bets in implied odds (only need 4 to break even) out of UTG+1 and BB if you turn your Q. Although the Qc may not be a clean out judging by the way UTG+1 played the hand. You could make a good argument either way.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:25 PM

I usually give up on the flop against unknowns, but I don't mind the raise given the coordination of the board. It'd be a lot cooler if you had the [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q though. Definitely give up when BB check/3bets
Old 12-20-2005, 05:26 PM

I think the flop is a fold when it gets back to you. You're getting almost 15:1, but the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] might give someone a flush or a redraw to the flush which cuts down your odds, which are pretty much breakeven to begin with.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:00 PM

i think you gotta fold to the c/3-bet.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you gotta fold to the c/3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was close in my mind, but perhaps the fold is better.

Was the flop raise OK or should have I just packed it in against 2 opponents, a bettor, and an A on the board?