Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-19-2005, 03:00 AM

Default Re: 50/100 AK vs possible straight and flush

[ QUOTE ]
i like just calling down after the turn raise, cause JTs seems quite likely... why would AQ raise the turn here after K comes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know why AQ would raise the turn once a king slid off. But I also dont know why he would have JT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] here. Wont JT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] usually call and hope the others tag along rather than raise. If I was putting villian on hands they'd be as follows: KQ, AK, AQ, 33. I think all are far more likely than JT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Mike Emery
Old 12-19-2005, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i like just calling down after the turn raise, cause JTs seems quite likely... why would AQ raise the turn here after K comes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know why AQ would raise the turn once a king slid off. But I also dont know why he would have JT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] here. Wont JT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] usually call and hope the others tag along rather than raise. If I was putting villian on hands they'd be as follows: KQ, AK, AQ, 33. I think all are far more likely than JT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Mike Emery

[/ QUOTE ]
ya, maybe im just being a pussy because getting capped means we are effed and i really dont want to lay this down on the river for one more bet...
if the guy is decent and realizes that the OP is a rock i dont see what he can have but the JdTd.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ya, maybe im just being a pussy because getting capped means we are effed and i really dont want to lay this down on the river for one more bet...

[/ QUOTE ]

With that I agree. If its capped the best I think we can hope to do is pray to chop with AK. But most likely we're effed then. It especially sucks when you'd have to call this river hoping to just chop.

Mike Emery
Old 12-19-2005, 11:31 AM

Default results

Results:
river went check-check, villian had KQ.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:29 PM

I usually regret 3 betting this turn.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? You think he has the straight enough here for that to be wrong? Could you elaborate, seems to be counter to most of the advice in the thread.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? You think he has the straight enough here for that to be wrong? Could you elaborate, seems to be counter to most of the advice in the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had AQ and the board was AQJ it would be different. But because AK is the hand people tend to mentally assign to preflop raisers. Consequently, in my experience I'm frequently losing when I have AK and get raised on the turn on the AKxx board.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:35 AM

Call the turn and donk a non-J,T river? Maybe we shouldn't donk diamonds on the river though.

This is just a thought. I personally think that the turn should be a 3-bet.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:04 AM

I can't see anything other than a 3 bet on this turn and am surprised there is actually debate about this. Unless he's a donk or a maniac he won't cap this turn without JT or a set.

If you raised preflop and 3 bet on a AQ2 flop and bet again on a K turn it takes a hell of a player (or a donk) to cap it when you 3 bet with less than JT or a set.

IF he caps the turn, in theory it would be shouldn't be that difficult a fold (I'd still probably call though even if all signs point not too, I'm not quite that player yet 90% of the time).

if your betting indicates AK and he knows it and still caps the turn knowing you won't fold AK or AQ (this being limit and assured of a calldown). I seriously think you can 3 bet this and if he caps it fold if you don't fill up.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:35 AM

how about a river raise since we missed on the turn. i can't put our opponent in a flush draw on the turn since he raised indicating a good hand. he also raised the flop indicating either he had a draw or a pair. the action on the river can be like a value-bluff raise. the pot on the river is pretty big and the flush scare card came through on the river, we can use that to represent the flush. only made hands will raise here. we might even force a fold from a set of dueces. you have top two anyway, you can win/lose, if you lose it's only 1bb more.

I think this is another way to extract more money from your opponent if you missed on the turn, only a made hand will raise you on the river with this flop.