Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-06-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Commerce 40/80 Full Steam Ahead

My last night at Commerce and I'm in a pretty good 40 game. For what it is worth, I didn't think that the play overall was all that overaggro. But there was very little trust and it was very rare that anyone would fold any pair either before the flop or on the river. People were constantly calling multiple bets at least PF and on the flop. Yet folks would continue to bet their A high or busted draws on the river with very little folding equity.

There's a couple of decent players that I had played with on and off over the weekend and they have given me a fair amount of respect. There was one period when I had been folding for a long time and one of the folks asked me if I was waiting for my AA or KK again. Another fellow came to my defense saying "Didn't you see him raise earlier with T9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and flop a straight. So I guess that for the thinking folks I had a decent image.

A couple of loose fishy folks limp and I raise black QQ in LMP, another loose player that has called 3 bets cold before the flop on at least 2 occasions 3 bets on the button. This means a big hand. The BB calls the 2 bets as do the limpers and I call.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, button raises and we clear out the field and I 3-bet, button calls

Turn comes 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, button calls.

River is T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

What's the plan here? What about the other streets?
Old 12-06-2005, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Commerce 40/80 Full Steam Ahead

?
bet/threebet/fivebet.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:18 AM

I'm retarded

n/m
Old 12-06-2005, 02:20 AM

i cap preflop, and yeah i bet/threebet/fivebet and probbly seven bet then call the eight
Old 12-06-2005, 02:37 AM

You look real close at the suit of the card, like a 1/4 of a second, and bet, and I might 7-bet w/the 5-bet cap out there.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:21 AM

I did look at the suit and sighed, then realized it paired the board.

PF - I would normally cap, but the 3 bet by this guy was very unusual and there was a good chance I was beat.

Flop - Anyone go for the c/r here

River - Given my image and my play heretofore does A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] raise the river enough for me to get in the 3rd bet or does the check get a bet from him letting me c/r?

1 bet nearly 100% of the time, successful c/r ?%, 3-bets ?%
Old 12-06-2005, 03:25 AM

Why did you bet the flop? I think its a tailor-made checkraise.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-06-2005, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

PF - I would normally cap, but the 3 bet by this guy was very unusual and there was a good chance I was beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
5way action, i cap that shiit,

[ QUOTE ]
Flop - Anyone go for the c/r here

[/ QUOTE ]
every1 goes for the checkraise.

[ QUOTE ]
River - Given my image and my play heretofore does A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] raise the river enough for me to get in the 3rd bet or does the check get a bet from him letting me c/r?

1 bet nearly 100% of the time, successful c/r ?%, 3-bets ?%

[/ QUOTE ]
bet 4sure. he will call w/ anything in this big pot.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:41 AM

You have the table middled on the flop and you let them all get away by betting into the raiser. You weren't going to clear big draws doing that, you just cleared people you want to call.

As for the river, this all about your read. I bet every time unless I am sure he is going to fold to a bet.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:14 PM

I think you guys are are FOS on the flop. The 1st caller is still getting 9:1 on his call, so they're calling with nearly anything anyway, not to mention a few of these guys are 4 card flop guys anyway. So if they were calling 1 they're calling 2 and I wanted 3 bets to go in on the flop.

On the river, there is no way that I'm getting raised, so my only hope for multiple bets is hope he has a big [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and go for a c/r. I don't normally go for river c/r but this seemed to be a decent case for it. But I didn't; I bet, he said "full house good" as he was calling.

He later told me he had AA w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]