Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: wow (nc

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played poker in forever because of this game, but lucky for me I have enough self control to only do one character. I could see this becoming a very big problem if I wanted to get my mage to 60 then have a warrior, rogue, and priest as well. My mage is it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back in the day, when the earth was still cooling and online role-playing games were all text-based MUDs (let's call it 1994, and MUDs are still better in a lot of cases than the over-graphicked stuff you get, now) I made it to Wizard (world-builder, God, whatever you like). I once calcluated that I spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 7,000 hours over the course of 6 years either attaining Wizard-dom or pursuing the duties of Wizard before I gave up. I quit after I started having dreams about the game instead of dreams about having my birthday party at the Playboy Mansion.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played poker in forever because of this game, but lucky for me I have enough self control to only do one character. I could see this becoming a very big problem if I wanted to get my mage to 60 then have a warrior, rogue, and priest as well. My mage is it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back in the day, when the earth was still cooling and online role-playing games were all text-based MUDs (let's call it 1994, and MUDs are still better in a lot of cases than the over-graphicked stuff you get, now) I made it to Wizard (world-builder, God, whatever you like). I once calcluated that I spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 7,000 hours over the course of 6 years either attaining Wizard-dom or pursuing the duties of Wizard before I gave up. I quit after I started having dreams about the game instead of dreams about having my birthday party at the Playboy Mansion.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you ever play Tele-Arena? If you did, we're going to have very long conversations. I <3 that game.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you ever play Tele-Arena? If you did, we're going to have very long conversations. I <3 that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was The Keep, right? I don't think I ever did...most of my time was spent on Dragon's Den, run out of the "basement of the science building" at Drexel, tho I hit a couple of others, too.

Hey, I forget, did you actually go to The University? I remember, before my days on MUDs (really before the days of the Internet...I got email through the Turing Project at UVa, but there was really no WWW) playing in a fantastic TradeWars game (BBS-based) in C'ville.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:37 PM

Since it looks like you're new to the forum, and no one told you yet, please post all your future NC posts here (in the designated NC thread). Wookie came up with that idea so that pointless thread with a bunch of inane posts about WoW and other RPG's didn't clog up the forum.

J/K guys - I love ya, but come on...you know the drill. Now that I've told the OP what (s)he needs to know, please stop bumping the thread.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:38 PM

Man, I go away for a weekend, and look what happens. 'Fraid I'm going to go ahead and lock this, fellas.
Closed Thread