Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-07-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Should this have been protected on the flop?

[ QUOTE ]
2 things most people have failed to acknowledge.

1. An ace may only have 4 outs, but he has 2 chances to make those outs. The turn and the river. He is ~5:1 to win this pot on the flop.

2. His chances don't diminish on the turn. Any turn card gives the Ace another 3 outs with runner-runner boat. He is now 5.6:1 to win the pot.

EDIT: It doesn't matter what the turn card is (a 2,3,4 pairing still gives villian a bigger boat).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this really has any bearing on whether we should slowplay or not. We are never folding another ace, so the question becomes how do we get the most $$$ in the pot.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:27 AM

I would have played this the same way, however I wouldn't have been caught shortstacked. This is exactly the reason why you always have enough money at the table.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:44 AM

Supposedly not having enough money at the table to cap every street is better.

thread
Old 11-07-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

thread

[/ QUOTE ]
Not running out of money during a hand is better, period, dot, end of discussion, site any reference you want. Running out of money when you have a winning hand is a catastrophe.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

thread

[/ QUOTE ]
Not running out of money during a hand is better, period, dot, end of discussion, site any reference you want. Running out of money when you have a winning hand is a catastrophe.

[/ QUOTE ]

read the thread.......
Old 11-07-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. An ace may only have 4 outs, but he has 2 chances to make those outs. The turn and the river. He is ~5:1 to win this pot on the flop.

2. His chances don't diminish on the turn. Any turn card gives the Ace another 3 outs with runner-runner boat. He is now 5.6:1 to win the pot.

EDIT: It doesn't matter what the turn card is (a 2,3,4 pairing still gives villian a bigger boat).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this really has any bearing on whether we should slowplay or not. We are never folding another ace, so the question becomes how do we get the most $$$ in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this answer really has any bearing on whether we should slowplay or not.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

thread

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

read the thread.......

[/ QUOTE ]
I've read every word, and anyone who advocates short stacking is wrong and can just like it. If I flop AAK with AA and get all in on the turn, I may as well make icicles in my freezer so I can jam them in my eyes.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:13 PM

Slowplaying this flop sucks because the same hands that aren't folding to villain's single bet are also not folding to your two (flush draw, 3 of a kind). In other words, there are several very specific holdings that stick around here to pay you off, and you might as well get value out of them if they are out.

I would also like to add that a double ace or king flop is always difficult to slow play for value because your coming to life on later streets teleports the hell out of your hand.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:19 PM

raise flop. going for overcall is a mistake there.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this answer really has any bearing on whether we should slowplay or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything.