Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 12-21-2005, 06:42 PM
wegs the wegs wegs the wegs is offline
Member

Default The Stars VIP Guessing Game

[ QUOTE ]
However, we do plan to introduce a VIP program (soon) which will give substantial awards to high volume players. For instance, how'd you like to trade your FPPs for a WSOP, PokerStars Caribbean Adventure or European Poker Tour package?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kill some time with me. Going off this statement and the small dead end link in the cashier box, let's throw out guesses on what you believe the Stars VIP will consist of. I'll start it off.

ETA:

New announcements will be posted on Stars Jan 2 stating that the VIP program will be established later in the month.

Bonuses:

I doubt they will offer a "# Hands = $ Bonus" like Party offers varying from player to player. I think they will offer maybe an extra deposit bonus every month or so for VIP members, nothing too elaborate.

FPP's:

Basing the fact that TOP costs 2000 FPP's in their store and the selling price is $30 (rounding for ease) making it $0.015 a point. Following that math, a $12000 package for a WSOP seat should cost 800,000 FPP. Anyone have that many in their account? I think they increase the distribution of FPP's for VIP players.

Your turn. Take a shot. Have fun.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:36 PM
LotsOfOuts69 LotsOfOuts69 is offline
Senior Member

Old 12-21-2005, 07:47 PM
LotsOfOuts69 LotsOfOuts69 is offline
Senior Member

And yes, according to there 3600 FPP 9 player single table satellite for a $530 tournament entry, thats about 61.13 FPP for $1 of value. So thats around 733,585 FPP for $12,000.

Obviously, that is way too many FPP's to earn, so the question is going to be this:

Will it be a trade of all FPP's for a package? I mean, they have tournies where you can buy in for 300,600,1000 FPP's and win 3000,6000,10000 FPPs, I dont think they are going to want people to get FPP's to buy $12,000 packages this way.

So that means that the VIP program will be set up in a way in which the newly earned FPP's will be credited in a different manner.

I don't think you are going to get to use your FPP's you have now to buy anything new they will be offering in a week, it's possible that they will set up some new system, (like Party) in which higher volume players will earn FPP's at a faster rate, thus being able to acheive higher totals.

I dunno, but I am super excited to see what they say, however, I think I am probably going to be slightly disappointed.

I hope it does come in the next week, my first thought was that they were either going to wait until the Carribean adventure was over, or possibly make the grand announcement at the event in the bahamas.

--LoO
Old 12-21-2005, 07:51 PM
DarkKnight DarkKnight is offline
Senior Member

I strongly suspect it won't be cash and thus I even more strongly suspect it's going to suck....

Here's hoping I'm wrong.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:53 PM
LotsOfOuts69 LotsOfOuts69 is offline
Senior Member

[ QUOTE ]
I strongly suspect it won't be cash and thus I even more strongly suspect it's going to suck....

Here's hoping I'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it definitely will NOT be cash for points, you can forget about that.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Guest

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it definitely will NOT be cash for points, you can forget about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then what's all the fuss about??
Old 12-21-2005, 10:19 PM
LotsOfOuts69 LotsOfOuts69 is offline
Senior Member

Yeah, it definitely will NOT be cash for points, you can forget about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then what's all the fuss about??

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause they will be giving away free entries into the WSOP and WPT Carribean Adventure!!

That means you can play your regular games and not have to worry about taking time out to qualify for these events. You can qualify just by playing.

That is, unless, its 750,000 FPPs to qualify..lol.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:47 PM
Unabridged Unabridged is offline
Junior Member

would it be too much to give the VIPs a continuous deposit bonus?
Old 12-21-2005, 10:50 PM
rwesty rwesty is offline
Member

this is a good idea, why not something like earn x amount of points and earn a 20-30% up to y deposit bonus?
Old 12-21-2005, 11:04 PM
Unabridged Unabridged is offline
Junior Member

they should put a running counter of MGR and spit out depsoit bonuses at tiered levels. we aren't children, we know MGR is their bottom line. no need to mask it with FPP that never adequetely represent this, if I put in $100 of rake and some SNGer pays $100 in fees we should get equal bonuses

maybe something like:
at $500 MGR you unlock a X% deposit bonus up to $100
$1000, another bonus up to $125
$1500, another bonus up to $150

free entries into tournaments are nice, but i don't play NL tournies. i just need $$$ to pay rent, i'd like something i can rely on each month