Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2004, 08:42 PM

Default Party Poker SNG\'s

I've been killing on the $10+$1 tables all day. I'd been killing at the $5+1 and figured I'd move up to see how I would do. So far today I've finished in the money 6/8, including 3 wins. I kid not. (same basic strategy of ultra-tight, catching a hand or two to double my stack, letting the idiots chop at each other until 5 are left, then start loosening up to the point of playing trash hands when I'm heads-up) Of course I gave $66 of it back when I tried a couple $30+$3 tables

The thing that amazes me is that people pay their hard earned money to play these and they're complete idiots. I've seen it all. Saw someone go out on their first hand, as if going all-in was the point to this. Seen tables where 7-8 were seeing the flop, some on every hand, and ohers where nobody will raise. (I'm at one now...knowing I wouldnt' face a raise I limped from UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], had 5 callers, hit top pair with a single club, bet out, and held on for a runner-runner flush. Tell me anyone here would have allowed that. LOL)

I know this doesn't come as a big shock to anyone but it just amazes me how much easy pickings there are in these tournaments.