Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Curtains hand #2

I hear ya, I bet I would fold against some rare birds.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if its not a LAG, you cant make a plan that involves folding 66 headsup with 18x the BB. Do you realize the K+S number for 66 is something like 57x the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]
What's a K+S number?
Old 12-23-2005, 04:28 PM

I'd call against a LAG....it's +CEV, plus if you fold he'll either give his chips away to better players or get a huge stack and put you in a horrible situation for stealing blinds.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so how can you possibly fold against almost anyone with the chips already in the pot? This is a reasonably tight range too IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

These hands are great - learning a lot from them.

Question though, if you were going to call an all-in raise by the LAG BB with your 66 then why not go all-in yourself first? That way you avoid this situation and if he happens to have a better pocket pair then you are still in the same boat as you would have been anyways and you get him to fold most of the "coin flip" hands that you don't really want to mess with at this point.

Is it because you think that an all-in bet might make stealing more difficult later on?

rvg
Old 12-23-2005, 06:56 PM

rvg I said that I should raise more preflop. I don't like the raise to 125 really. I prefer 175-200. I don't like to move allin for 18x the BB, although it is reasonable. Fact of the matter is Im not folding this against this opponent no matter what preflop. btw note that by raising less I also get him to move allin with "non coin flip" hands such as 55, A4s 44, etc....this opponent would likely do so as well.

Anyway its close, I dont have a problem with allin really, but I don't have a problem with 175 either. I basically never move allin here for 18x the BB, and it kind of telegraphs my future raises if I start doing so.