Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2003, 08:06 PM

Default Checking at the river...

This is a situation I find my self in often

game is 1/2 or 3/6, loose but not crazy players, wont move until they have there hand. Lets say I am heads up or 3 handed.

Lets say I have a pair or two pair high up or mid up on 4 or 5 street. I am face with a player or two with 3 to flush or straight showing. I don't think they have it yet on 6th (am I am usually right on this). Now I have NOT improved on the river(pair->2 pair 2pair->full house). The pot is fairly small $6-10

I am first to act, do I bet or do I check. I have been checking and here is why if they have caught and I bet that is $4 to see if its true( 2 bet 2 raise) or 2 down the drain. If I bet and they do not catch they most likey will fold with high card call with two pair. If I check, and they will either check if my high card is higher then there 2 pair or bet, this could be a bluff or a made hand or mid two pair so I call, if I win I win. If I call and loose I loose only the two that I would have betted? Does that make sense? What do you do (or prevously did) when face with this situation in low-limit?

BTW forcing them out on 4,5,6 is a rarity