Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2003, 12:08 PM

Default PokerSchool Online

Has anyone join this website? They offer hand analysis lessons and test. Is this all "fake" poker or do they use real poker, real money that is. What do they offer in the way of 7cs training tools.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:23 PM

Default Re: PokerSchool Online

Do a search of the archives...I joined a few months ago and wrote a review (I think it was called "my mini-review of Poker School Online...or something close to that), a few others responded to my review and we had a pretty good discussion going.

I've sorta changed my opinion from my original review. I would say it's a good thing if you're new to the game and want to improve your skills. The primary focus is tournament play, but I hear they are doing their best to improve the ring game area as well. They also have a forum where you can "ask the expert" questions. All in all, it wasn't what I was looking for, but when I joined they had a two week "money back" trial and gave me a full refund when I decided I didn't like it. If that's still running you really can't lose to take a shot and see if you like it.

Hope this helps,
jHE

EDIT: It's for play money only, but if you are ranked as one of the top players you earn "sponsorship points" which can be exchanged for buy-ins into real money tournaments (live only I believe).
Old 08-28-2003, 12:43 PM

You could try sending a private message to <font color="red"> redsimon </font> - I know he used to play there quite a lot. He may be able to give you more info about the whole thing. If I speak to him in the meantime, I will alert his attention to this post for you.

Simon
Old 08-28-2003, 01:07 PM

I never joined but played lots of SNG's and multi-tables at PokerPages. Very good experience IMHO.

P.S. You can win a free month at PSO if you place high enough for a month at PP.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:16 PM

Yes it is play money. You get a bankroll which you can replenish when/if you bust. There are tournies in all types of Poker a lot of no limit hold'em, 7CS is played Pot limit and limit.

I don't play the PSO as much now that Bugsysclub is open.

If you have $14.95 per month to spare it is VFM if you play regularly and use the resources available. You never know you might win a league and get bougt into a real life tourny.