Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Neteller Accnt Hacked!!!

post some screenshots or emails, no one will believe you if you dont have any hard evidence.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its happened to many people here before. You are far from the only victim. You would have known that if you are indeed a regluar poster here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really appreciate your response although you like other guys are still insinuating I'm making this up. But I understand I figured I might get some negative responses when I submit the post with a new account. I just didn't expect every poster to call me a liar. But it's okay.

Now could you please explain to me how they got hold of my account info based on prior stories? Thanks a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of ways of doing it. The most common are:

1. you a fake email saying something happened and that you have to sign into your neteller account. They set up a fake page and steal your passwords before redirecting you into the real site. (i.e. u must agree to the new terms so sign in now)

2. they somehow got a trojan or other keylogging into your system and stole your pass. This can be done without you ever knowing.

3. you are on a wireless connection and they broke the encryption and stole you passwords.

and probably a few that I missed
Old 06-04-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of ways of doing it. The most common are:

1. you a fake email saying something happened and that you have to sign into your neteller account. They set up a fake page and steal your passwords before redirecting you into the real site. (i.e. u must agree to the new terms so sign in now)

2. they somehow got a trojan or other keylogging into your system and stole your pass. This can be done without you ever knowing.

3. you are on a wireless connection and they broke the encryption and stole you passwords.

and probably a few that I missed

[/ QUOTE ]

1. This sort of phishing never happened to me.

2. This is possible although I do scan my laptop with anti-spyware sw and anti-virus sw on a regular basis. The thing is though, I never type in my neteller account ID or secure ID. I always copy&paste them from the neteller email. Of course the hacker could have taken a screenshot of the email or somehow gotten hold of the clipboard content.

3. I stopped using wireless LAN about a year ago. Since then I have never used any sort of wireless network. Not even once.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:36 PM

Could you direct me to some of these threads? Yes, I tried searching.

Something similar happened to me recently and Neteller did not refund my money.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:11 PM

look at the guys name lol
Old 06-04-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
look at the guys name lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus [censored] Christ. If I were to troll this board wouldn't I have registered a more "legit" name? Stop being a wise a*s*s already.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When did it happen to you man? Did Neteller say they were not responsible for the loss? Also, how come Neteller never called me to verify the withdraws?

Now that someone with "enthusiast" status has spoken, do you guys still think I'm making this s.h.i.t up?
Old 06-04-2005, 09:01 PM

I certainly think that what you describe could have happened. The logic of posting this thread with a new 2+2 alias escapes me, though. What is the advantage?

As far as this sort of thing happening to "lots of people", the only case that I remember reading about on here was last autumn, some woman in an airport, I think. It certainly does not happen often. Good luck.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:27 PM

What kind of money are we talking about here?

As to why Neteller didn't call you, I'm curious, have they called you previously to verify withdrawals? I had an account there for several years and never have received a call from them.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When did it happen to you man? Did Neteller say they were not responsible for the loss? Also, how come Neteller never called me to verify the withdraws?

Now that someone with "enthusiast" status has spoken, do you guys still think I'm making this s.h.i.t up?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-04-2005, 10:03 PM

Do you let your browser keep your password, ID, and account number? Do you have a SO/roommate who might muck with your PC? I can gaurnetee you if my wife had the first clue how to run this computer and found my Neteller bookmark she'd be looking for a way to empty the account for a shopping spree.