Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Bet the turn here?

[ QUOTE ]
Because by checking you let a hand that's behind check behind and you let a hand that is ahead bet.

Meaning, you pay when you are behind and you don't win anything when you are ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]
The hand is a bit more complex than that, but I like the bet. You have to know how to handle a raise, and in this small pot you'll have to take more things into consideration than plain and simple "bet because you'd call a bet".

If behind we give our opponents a freecard to 4 split outs and 2 set outs if they happen to have a PP. They can have no other draws, but we don't like them to draw for free to those.

I don't think we're up against a straight often enough for affording to get this turn checked through. And even if they don't have any draws, they will still call pretty often with an A or maybe even worse pair. They are also likely to have worse 2-pair, which most often pays off.

A problem is that players with 2-pair tends to raise pretty often in my experience. Readless I call a turn raise and river bet. EDIT: hmm... the pot is still pretty small, I think folding to a raise might be better, especially at 2/4