Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: What winning % should I expect at heads-up SNG??

win rate at the higher levels, 210, 520, 1030, 5100, etc, can be upwards of 60%. i have recently started playing quite a few heads up sngs, and there are 520s and 210s getting off the ground ALL the time. even the 5ks are running pretty much around the clock.

i dont think a 10% return would be TOO much of a stretch, especially at the 210s. there are PLENTY of donks ready and willing to donate to the cause. very few people have an adequate understanding of proper heads up play, and that translates into a lot of free money for you, the better player.

holla
Old 07-04-2005, 12:02 AM

Do you play Limit or NL? I tend to think Limit is better for a good player, as one hand won't make it a big disaster. Does this make sense?
Old 07-04-2005, 01:10 AM

Good thread. River's and curtains' posts are worth some thought.

To me, the most interesting point was the trendline that you've observed:

[ QUOTE ]
I have just started playing heads-up SNG's after I beat a friend of mine in three straight heads-up matches (he plays far higher stakes then me and my beating him inspired me to play more)...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
So far I have played about 50 of these $10 heads-up matches and I have a 70% win percentage which seems really high...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I have now played close to 100 HU matches and my win percentage is about 61%, which seems O.K...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I have now played 200+ heads-up sng's at $10 and my win rate is 58.5%...

[/ QUOTE ]

It kinda reminds me of the first time I played a round of golf after I picked up the game. 1st hole -- par, 2d hole -- par, 3d hole -- par, 4th hole -- hit the creek on a par 5, take my drop and penalty, get up and down to save par . . . .

Ever after that day, it's been snowmen all over my card.

The Shadow
Old 07-04-2005, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you play Limit or NL? I tend to think Limit is better for a good player, as one hand won't make it a big disaster. Does this make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends. No-limit gives the good player more tactical options, but limit is still very beatable against the donks. However, limit HU has HUGE variance. It's probably the highest variance form of poker.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:54 AM

I believe the rake is 5 percent at full tilt. Yes, the matches count towards your bonus. Make sure to get rakeback before you sign up though.

I don't really recommend full tilt though. They have no disconnect protect, poor game selection, and their bonus might be the hardest to clear of all the gaming sites in the universe. The avatars and the round table are a visual distraction, and the software runs a lot slower than party software. Also, they took too long to cash out to my neteller account.

Best regards,
Snowball