Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2003, 07:24 PM

Default Rush controversy

I think most people who came out against Rush didn't even see the show. Rush just didn't come out of nowhere and say this. They were discussing if McNabb was overrated and why. What has never been addressed here is whether or not his comments had any merit. The NFL is a league that in the past year fined the Detroit Lions for not INTERVIEWING a black head coach candidate. Would it be racist to say the league and/or media wants to see a black head coach succeed. The Lions knew who they were going to hire but the league wants stuff to look good. Media members have gone out and blamed Michael Irvin and Tom Jackson for not rushing to the defense of McNabb. Did anyone ever think that maybe they understood what Rush was saying. While they disagreed with Rush they didn't take it to be racially motivated, and it wasn't intended to be. We live in a time where anything you say is twisted into something it is not but actions don't need to be accounted for. If a memeber a ESPN (black or white) where to be arrested tomorrow for beating their wife they probably wouldn't lose their job...Didn't Michael Irvin stab a teammate once?...I love Sportcenter and Stu Scott but I have heard many "whiteboy" references but those are ok???
Does anyone think the media doesn't love whiteguys doing well in the NBA...anyone think the media might overrate one because he is more marketable...just a thought...Anyways I don't always(if ever) agree with Rush politically but just because we don't vote the same way doesn't mean I have to react irrationally to remarks taken out of context...I think ESPN will be hurt by the loss but I respect Rush for resigning and keeping the show about football and not a Media circus...Others could learn from him.