Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 05:50 AM

Default What do I do?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

EDIT: MP2 is pretty passive post flop.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:55 AM

Default Re: What do I do?

I would raise preflop, for one thing.

MP2's flop cap could easily be a flush draw, and some (TAG) players at this level might mistakenly bet the turn with that hand.

If he limped in with an overpair, then you have five outs (against JJ,QQ). Only two against KK-AA though. I think you should probably call the turn. The pot is large enough that a call down is probably justifiable.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:59 AM

Raise preflop.

How passive is he postflop, and is he loose preflop?

I don't really like 3 betting this flop, you're probably not folding anyone and you're just bloating the pot with a vulnerable hand. I think I'd cold call planning to raise a safe turn.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:01 AM

Is there any value raising this pf??

I play it the same way. reads would help though, is he aggressive? if he is a typical player he ain't capping with flush draw and I think you don't have enough outs to continue.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any value raising this pf??

I play it the same way. reads would help though, is he aggressive? if he is a typical player he ain't capping with flush draw and I think you don't have enough outs to continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats exaclty why you raise it PF. People will have limped with worse hands than KTs and so you are doubling their mistake by raising. KTs is not a great hand that will win alot but it stands to win more than 17% which is what it needs to with 5 opponents
Old 06-07-2005, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
KTs is not a great hand

[/ QUOTE ]
In the CO after three loose limpers I beg to differ.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:09 AM

If we call that turn because we think we have 5 outs, we fold the river UIP right?
Old 06-07-2005, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If we call that turn because we think we have 5 outs, we fold the river UIP right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that on the river the pot will be big enough to justify a call based on the chance that MP2 is either overplaying a T with a worse kicker, bluffing a missed flush draw, or has the same hand that we do.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:19 AM

but what about those two other players? somebody must have us beat?!

Am I doing the math right here: it's 15.5 to us and if I call those overcallers too it's 17.5-1, so we must win about 5.7%
Old 06-07-2005, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but what about those two other players? somebody must have us beat?!

Am I doing the math right here: it's 15.5 to us and if I call those overcallers too it's 17.5-1, so we must win about 5.7%

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have those players beat the vast, vast majority of the time. In fact their presence points towrrds a calldown in my opinion.