Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Poker School Online?

Do any of you know anything about Poker School Online? I put 25 dollars into Poker Stars and lost it playing the 5 dollar sit and goes and the 2 dollar multis. I am interested in becomming a good multiplayer tournament and that seems to be a good environment in which to learn but I don't know anything about it for sure.

So far my education has been that I have read HOH 1 and 2 but need to go back through them multiple times to get the meat of it.

If anyone has any input on this decision I would really appreciate it.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Poker School Online?

i have no idea what poker school online is...

just read through 2+2 and ask questions
Old 10-16-2005, 08:11 PM

I've been lurking here for a few months now. I have only been playing poker for about 3 or 4 months I think. I do need to start posting questions more though your right.

If anyone has any thoughts or experience with poker school online I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:29 PM

Probably a decent value for a month. I don't think it will continue to provide much value after that. From what I remember they don't have a lot of info on tournies but do provide a good foundation for poker in general. However, if you're bankroll is limited I think you're better off just reading 2+2 and being an active participant.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:30 PM

#1 This fourm -- post hands
#2 HOH vol 1
#3 HOH vol 2
Old 10-16-2005, 08:39 PM

I agree with Lloyd here. I doubt there is really anything amazing you would learn from paying for pokerschool that you wouldn't learn for free from browsing and participating in this site. In particular I refer you to the "anthology of wisdom on MTT's" which should answer most of your questions on the theory of MTT's.

Perhaps even more importantly than that, I have found that in the month or so I've been here I have learned heaps about how to play specific situations. Just a browse through the forum will turn up many pearls of wisdom about how to play situations similar to ones that come up time and again.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:04 AM

Thanks for the replys. I noticed, however, that I did not really tell you in my question why I was drawn to the poker school online. Once I do please tell me what you think.

I'm not concerned with information. I obviously have this board, both HOH books and ample time to play and learn. The problem is I don't have ample money which puts me playing in the 1 to 2 dollar MTT. As I am sure you know, people play like idiots in these and its not really a place where I can put things in practice. From what I understand the people at poker school online try and play for real, even though its not real money.

Sorry for not being clear as to my goals in the original post. Is my thinking here sound or would it be better to just plow my way through a bunch of bad play in low buy-in MMT's.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:09 AM

i dont think the micro MTT's are bad practicee at all..

i mean, they're clearly different than the Party Supers for example, but not bad practice.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:15 AM

I agree with Exit. The Stars Micro's are great for learning. Once you start getting deeper into the tourney the level of play is pretty good. I know my game has improved by playing these.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:59 AM

EJ, your question reminds me of a classic poker cliche.

"If you can't beat the fish, who can you beat?"