Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Is 5k sng\'s played enough?

[ QUOTE ]
actually I have folded a/a PF once and once only. And I would do this again if the situation came up again.

PP 10+1 million dollar qualifier. MTT top 4 win seats.

5 players left

stacks are approx as this was about 6 months ago

ME 80k
player 1 100k
player 2 45k
player 3 45k
player 4 30k

blinds are 3000/6000

I get dealt a/a in the bb. Player 2 pushes, player 3 calls. I fold. It was t/t vs k/k. The two stacks were not exact but within 2k of each other.

Neither hand improved btw so I would have won, but way I looked at it I won already by folding them.

JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one that thinks that you should call this? I mean, you're not in danger, they could split, plus you would have to lose to both players.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:40 PM

only have to lose 1 player, 5 left top 4 make it.

JJ
Old 09-22-2005, 05:41 PM

thx, yeah that is what I was looking for. Figured that is what it was but just wanted to make sure.

JJ
Old 09-22-2005, 05:45 PM

Well that would work to, actually really good idea. Only problem for me with this is. I don't start up 4 then play them all out until I have no tournaments going then start another 4. Once I am out of one I instantly start up another. So I always have 4 going.

JJ
Old 09-22-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is my math correct: you won a bit over $16K over 500 SNGs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think you meant 5000, but yeah very close. Actually pop'd $2700 for a 2nd in a 30 mtt and 4 other final tables in other misc mtts, that had payouts ranging from $100 to $800. So it is more than 16k.

Also cashed in the January million guaranteed for $1250 (huge luck). I dont' have an ROI figure for my MTT's but am guessing it to be fairy good.

All in all very happy with my first year played online. Went through sick downs and sick ups. Think the difference between the two is you don't remember when you get there as often as you do when you don't.

JJ
Old 09-22-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually I have folded a/a PF once and once only. And I would do this again if the situation came up again.

5 players left

ME 80k
player 1 100k
player 2 45k
player 3 45k
player 4 30k

blinds are 3000/6000

I get dealt a/a in the bb. Player 2 pushes, player 3 calls. I fold. It was t/t vs k/k. The two stacks were not exact but within 2k of each other.

Neither hand improved btw so I would have won, but way I looked at it I won already by folding them.

JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure calling is the correct option here. If you call, the only way you're in any trouble is if both of them have the same hand and they beat you. This is going to happen about 1-2% of the time. If you fold and they both have the same hand, you've just jeopardized your chances of making the seat. Just a thought.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:33 PM

that isn't a sng with sng .5/.3/.2 payout structure, so doesn't count
Old 09-22-2005, 07:15 PM

If the higher of the 2 of them wins the main pot, the small stack busts anyway. If the lower of the two of them wins but you win the 2k sidepot, he busts and you win a seat. You highly increase the chances of one of them busting since one could be left with 2k. You are in no danger of busting. If you lose to both hands and the small stack wins the main pot, the other guy still only has 4k. and you still have over 3.5BB, not really in danger. Basically if you call there's an extremely high chance that it ends on this hand and even if it doesn't you can still fold to the win over 90% of the time.

If they had you covered it's a clear fold. Since you have them covered comfortably, calling or folding doesn't make much difference.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

5 players left

ME 80k
player 1 100k
player 2 45k
player 3 45k
player 4 30k

blinds are 3000/6000

JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

hijacked your own thread!!*!(*$!

btw nice stats
Old 09-22-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont' have an ROI figure for my MTT's but am guessing it to be fairy good.

[/ QUOTE ]I wonder how many players who focus on SNGs also dabble in MTT and whether their winnings in MTT represent a significant portion of their income.