Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 02:15 AM

Default Calling Raises

I don't know if this has been covered before so here goes...

If you're sitting in a game and you are have a calling hand pre-flob and are raised after you call, do you go ahead an call the raise to see the flop? Using the above scenario, do you also call a re-raise also? My thinking may be wrong but it seems to me that if you have a calling hand and are raise-reraised after the call that you should make another call....

Looking forward to the replies....
Old 08-30-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Calling Raises

If you limp and are raised once, always call.
If you limp and are raised twice, tend to fold.

Players who consistently call a raise+reraise after limping are suckers.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you limp and are raised once, always call.
If you limp and are raised twice, tend to fold.

Players who consistently call a raise+reraise after limping are suckers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the hand. I limp so few hands that it doesn't happen to often. But if I have Axs, i'll usually fold because if I limp, the x is usually 2-7

If I have a PP, 22-or up, probably no higher than 88, cause i'd raise everything else, I'd call 2 more and the evenutal cap if I could see it would be 5-6 action.

But generally, if you limped in with suited trash like Q9, or KT, i'm folding them all to a raise and re raise from decent players.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:27 AM

if your hand was worth calling, now you are getting better pot odds after 1 raise, you should always call, except if you have some crap out of the sb or something, facing 2 raises, it depends on your hand and other factors
Old 08-30-2005, 02:40 AM

I would call two raises only if the pot is going to be 4-5 way and you have a hand that plays well in multiway pots such as PP, Axs, or suited connecter. Calling 2 bets back to you when the pot will be 3 handed is a mistake with these hands and in gerneral calling two bets back to you with a hand like kqo or ajo that is lielky dominated is a bad idea
Old 08-30-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if your hand was worth calling, now you are getting better pot odds after 1 raise, you should always call, except if you have some crap out of the sb or something, facing 2 raises, it depends on your hand and other factors

[/ QUOTE ]

Reads are important for me here. If the re-raiser is more likely to be reraising w/ big hands then I'm more likely to call with hands like 89s, TJs, etc... those hands that aren't subject to domination.