Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 02:08 PM

Default 2 Delerious foxwoods hands

2 Hands at the 1/2 No limit tables at foxwoods, comments appreciated.

Hand #1 - 5 handed:

I'm first to act with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I call. Other 3 players call, small blind min raises to $7. Everyone else calls, myself included. I realize this hand was probably not worth another $5.

Flop comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

SB checks, BB bets 30, I reraise to 80. Folds to SB who pushes the remainder of his chips in (approx $80 more for me to call). I think long & hard, realize there are several possible hands that can beat me (4,4 Q,J, etc.), but given the poor players at the 1/2 foxwoods tables, I ultimately decide to call. I figure this fellow could be pushing with anything from top pair to a straight draw. Comments?

Hand #2:

Again, 1/2 NL, 5 handed. Details hazy (was exhaused at this point).

on Button with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Everyone calls, I call, BB min-raises to $7. A few others call, including myself & the SB (villian). Pot is probably around $30.

Flop comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], giving me a weak flush draw & an OE straight draw.

Villian bets $25, all fold to me, I re-raise to $65. He calls.

Next card is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], bingo! straight! I bet $100. If he's on the flush draw, I'm gonna make him pay for that final club. he calls!

Finally, a 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] pops up on the river, making my straight look sheepish & my flush look worse. I have about $125 left, so I push. Not sure what my line of thinking was here. Maybe "I'm tired and if he has a higher flush, I go to sleep now."

Results to follow. Sorry for the format & hazyness, was operating on very little sleep.

Iash
Old 02-01-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: 2 Delerious foxwoods hands

Hand 1: Fold pre-flop, twice.

Hand 2: Any bet you make on the turn PC's you, so it's as good as pushing. However, you want to value bet this, so I like your line. If he has a better flush, then that's bad luck. Also, if you were afraid of a better flush, then why wouldn't you check behind?
Old 02-01-2005, 02:28 PM

I knew I was going to mess that up. In the second hand, the Villain had position on me. I must have gotten the positions mixed up.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:38 PM

Hand 1: Fold preflop. I put the villain on QQ or JJ in this hand... possibly KK or AA, but now that you're in there with two pair I'd go ahead and call.

Hand 2: Why raise on the flop? Trying to buy it right there? I personally might go ahead and push on the turn given your stack size. I think a pot-sized bet would be best, but since that would leave you with about $65 on the river I would go ahead and push here.

One more thing.. why did you say they min. raised when this is 1/2 NL?

[ QUOTE ]
small blind min raises to $7

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not a min. raise, it's a $5 raise. A min. (or minimum) raise would be a $2 raise.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:41 PM

In my experience at these tables, a standard raise is at least $10. That's why I refer to it as a min-raise.

Hand 2, I didn't put the villian on JJ or QQ because I figured he would have raised shorthanded.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:43 PM

I didn't put the villain on QQ or JJ in the second hand either.. I was talking about the first one.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:57 PM

Hand 1 looks good. Maybe Q4s UTG is a little marginal, but against opponents who raise weak preflop and habitiually go too far with TPGK (which is what ur opponents sound like), it can't be a big mistake to try to hit a good flop with those speculative hands. Preflop is fine.

In hand 2, I wouldn't worry about the bigger flush. Youre potcomitted so youre paying off anyway if villain has one. The push is a good value bet then because you might get a call from twopair or a set--you don't want those hands checking behind.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Results

Hand 1: Villain berates me for taking so long to make an "easy call" and turns over KQo. My two pair hold up.

Hand 2: Opponent thinks long and hard while I stare off into the distance trying to recall the exact sequence of events from the movie 'Momento'. He reluctantly folds, saying the flush scared him. He claimed to have had a lower straight, but who knows.

I had a bunch of other hands (Bad beats, bad luck, etc.) which I was considering posting, but I decided instead to post these 'happy ending' hands.

iash
Old 02-01-2005, 03:49 PM

1st hand preflop is awful. Just fold that crap. Then on the flop after you have two pair and have already bet 80 you shouldn't even think twice about calling. What better flop are yuo hoping for with Q4? If you are going to call a preflop raise with Q4 then of course you are going to the felt against the preflop raiser when you flop two pair...unless the stacks are massive, in which case you should fold pre-flop. Oh yeah, did I mention that you should fold pre-flop?

Hand 2 is fine until the river. 5 handed I would just assume your flush is good...flush over flush is pretty rare shorthanded on a 3 suited board, and there are two flushes you can beat with your T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Therefore I would play to either induce a bluff - with a weak bet or check - or value bet. Im confused as to your position but you get the gist.