Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2004, 11:04 AM

Default More foxwoods Q\'s

I've read through most of the foxwoods posts for the past few months, however I still have a few questions.

I'm heading up tomorrow (Saturday) and plan to play most of the day & through the night (bankroll willing.)

Which game is more profitable, the $5/$5 no limit, or the 5/10 kill pot?

I plan on brining around 1g. Should that be enough to weather the massive swings in these games?

Will anyone else from these forums be there?

Thanks

iash
Old 12-16-2004, 11:24 AM

Default Re: More foxwoods Q\'s

The 5/5 NL game often has some very deep stacks (3k+). If you are comfortable playing short against them, 1K is plenty of money to bring (I would buy in for 300-400 and have the rest ready to come up once I have a feel for the game). There are a lot of very aggressive players that frequent that game so be prepared for some swings. If you are the type of player that wants to play deep and have everybody covered, 1K will almost certainly not be enough.

The 5/10 kill game is often pretty wild, with a fair number of the pots being killed. 1K for 24 hours of play ought to be more than enough (assuming you are a good player who isn't going to go on tilt and drop a pile of money after a bad beat).

I'll probably be there playing the smaller NL game (1/2 blinds, 100 max buyin) but I might go on Sunday, instead.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:36 PM

Thanks for the info..

So what would you say is the typical buy-in for the no limit games? Are there players buying in for several thousands, or are the deep stacks accumulated winnings?
Is adding-on chips allowed? Frowned upon?

The aggresive players - are they quality players, or more the 'bet and hope' type?

iash
Old 12-16-2004, 01:54 PM

The 5/5 has a wide range of players, from people who habitually play the capped 1/2 game and are taking a shot at a higher level to guys who play it all the time and could concievably be making a living out of it. For a while, they were also spreading a 10/25 blind NL game that took a lot of the quality players out of the 5/5 but last couple times I was there the 5/5 was the biggest NL game going.

I've seen people sit with 1500 and I'm sure others sit with more but that doesn't necessarily mean they're good or terrible; its varies from player to player. There's really no good answer to your aggressiveness question. Some of the players are quite good, some are quite bad. As always, the key is figuring out which is which before you get too involved. If there's a waiting list and you can't get seated right away, I'd definitely recommend watching the games to get a feel for how they play.

See this thread: link for some discussion on appropriate buyins for the 5/5 game there.