Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 04:02 PM

Default A10 Turn Check-Riz, Big Pot

MP2 is tag, I've got around 500 hands on him and he's a pretty solid winning player at .5/1.

MP3 is fishy, 32/3 after 100 hands and not very good.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
1 fold[/i]UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="red">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="red">MP3 caps</font>, 4 folds UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (18.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)
UTG+2 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

I bet because I might have the best hand. When Mp2 raised I put him on an overpair. I think Mp3 has AK now, unless he raises a blank turn.

Turn: (12.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

Yay or nay on the turn check raise?

River: (17.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

I beat KK and QQ, lose to AA, I bet. Is my hand good?

Final Pot: 19.25 BB
Old 10-20-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: A10 Turn Check-Riz, Big Pot

*grunch*

I like your play all the way thru.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:06 PM

Betting that flop is pretty shady. You're not likely ahead of both of them. On that turn, you're still not likely ahead of both. You have a draw now, but you're not folding both of them. Why the c/r and pay too much to draw? River bet is good.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:15 PM

The turn check-raise folds an overpair approximately never, and from a value standpoint it is razor thin if your opponents are sitting on hands like KK/QQ. Good river bet. He didn't have a set yet or you would've been 3-bet on the turn. If he's got the other 2 Aces, more power to him.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting that flop is pretty shady. You're not likely ahead of both of them. On that turn, you're still not likely ahead of both. You have a draw now, but you're not folding both of them. Why the c/r and pay too much to draw? River bet is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I meat out sometimes, so it looks like check/call, check/call, bet hmmmm, ok thanks.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:23 PM

I like the river bet [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 04:40 PM

Good bet on the flop I think. It wouldn't be nice to check and then watch MP2 bet and MP3 raise. The way it turned out it worked fine and you could narrow down MP2's hands to AA-JJ.

Why did you raise the turn? Given your read you don't have the best hand at this point.

With 2 A's and 2 T's dead, it's pretty safe to assume you have the best hand so I like the river bet. Don't really know how to handle a raise though.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:33 PM

pf - standard

flop - I check and see the action. The bet does nothing for you.

turn - This play can be used against 1 player, but even then it's rare. Not here though.

river - nice bet
Old 10-20-2005, 05:56 PM

On the flop, I would have checked to the 3 bettor and capper. If MP3 is really a bad player and MP2 is really good, I would think about check-raising a bet from MP3 if MP2 checked -- pot is big, and (assuming that UTG+2 still folded), I would like to get it HU vs. a weak player. I don't know, that may be misplaced, as opposed to calling down, and it doesn't matter since clearly MP2 would not have checked this through (he raised you).

I don't agree with the turn raise. I might do this, though if there were one less or one more person in the pot (better equity edge on your draws with more people to pay you off).

River is good, I would bet like you did.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:57 AM

Preflop I like, though I hate having to call 2.

Flop: I like betting into MP2. Hopefully, he'll raise and we'll find out just how much MP3 likes his hand now. If you check and MP2 bets(which he would) and MP3 raises, are you going to call 2? I'd rather bet and see where I'm at.

Turn: Check/Raise is a little much. I'd just check call at that point. You have about a billion outs to the best hand (flush, straight, trips, 2-pair), if you aren't best already, so I can see a C/R "for value", but I wouldn't do it myself.

River: I like the lead bet. I call a raise. If he picked up trip aces, so be it.

nh.