Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2005, 04:54 PM

Default I\'m a lag preflop, calling station post with AJs

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

I like my relative position to the three bettor post flop... but what do you think about play on all streets? I haven't capped AJs before...little to laggish?

CO and Button are both LAPs with vpip above 50, MP3 has been playing very aggressive with any ace, any two face.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB
Old 02-05-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: I\'m a lag preflop, calling station post with AJs

i don't understand the preflop cap.

flop eh, peel one off closing the action, sure, but the fact that the board is paired can really kill a BD flush.

i think you have a clear checkraise on the river.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:06 PM

You absolutely want to semi-bluff raise on the turn here. You have teh flush draw, gutshot draw, and at least 1.5 outs on the A. You can laydown to a 3 bet.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:33 PM

You're giving hero 10+ outs and saying he should fold to a turn three bet if he chooses to semi-bluff?
Old 02-05-2005, 05:37 PM

I like the semi-bluff turn c/r cause it will probably trap the third player for another BB too.

Dont know if it matters about the board being paired. It doesnt seem like they would have KK or QQ based on you reads though.

And yeah I dont ever fold to a three bet here in such a nice pot with a card to come still.