Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: $11: Should I even be playing?

Deeper stacks allow you to play more hands from late position, especially speculative hands like suited connectors after several limpers. Overall the tight early/aggro late strategy is still best, but you can open up your game a little more with the bigger stacks.

This will allow you to have a little more fun playing the early game. Also, as you gain more experience you will probably be able to add a second (or more) tables which will help keep things entertaining and allow you to gain experience faster.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:18 PM

Cool. Sounds like I should move to PS once my bonus period at FTP expires, then. 75 BBs is close enough to the monthly home games my friends and I play (usually 100 to 125 BBs to start).

I can accept a more moderate version of tight early/aggro late, as it's closer to how I currently play.

[ QUOTE ]
I suggest you settle with the fact that poker is just a fun past time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Done. I fully recognize that I can't put in the necessary hours to become a good player. "Decent" is probably the more realistic option.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:25 PM

On other thing to consider is the 180 SnGs on Stars.

They seem to take around four hours to finish. If you wanted to do something bigger than a typical SnG but smaller than a really big MTT, there's your best bet.