Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-08-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Jerk of the Day

I'm reminded of a similar experience I had once. I got beaten by some obnoxious lady, who happened to have large silicone orbs positioned properly on her torso. She immediately goes off about how she wants to see my hand. She was sitting in the 1 seat and I was in the 5. I slid my cards into the muck and she went ballistic, screaming "I want to see your hand! I want to see your hand! I want to see your hand!"

I calmly looked at her and deadpanned "Well I want to see your t!ts, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to ask you."

That was the end of that argument. True story.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm reminded of a similar experience I had once. I got beaten by some obnoxious lady, who happened to have large silicone orbs positioned properly on her torso. She immediately goes off about how she wants to see my hand. She was sitting in the 1 seat and I was in the 5. I slid my cards into the muck and she went ballistic, screaming "I want to see your hand! I want to see your hand! I want to see your hand!"

I calmly looked at her and deadpanned "Well I want to feel your t!ts, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to ask you."

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 12-08-2005, 02:29 PM

Yippee! Another chance to mention the wiki topic: http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/I_w..._see_that_hand
Old 12-08-2005, 02:48 PM

A SIMPLE way to prevent abuse of this rule would be to mandate that the floor be called for any request to see mucked cards. The floor would have to approve it based on the requestor's explanation of why he feels the hand was suspisciouly played and/or cheating might be occurring. Anyone who makes unnecessary requests repeatedly would be given a time out or be tossed. I think Bellagio has this rule for their high limit games (or at least did at one point).

Jeff
Old 12-08-2005, 03:19 PM

The other night, I told a guy he was an effing douchebag at a really high volume when he pulled an almost identical move, except it was NL, and it completely busted the loser - like, to the point that he had to go home because he didn't have any more money (maybe to his name). It was the first time I'd ever cursed at someone at the table, but I have no regrets.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:53 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

Need a break Andy? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I think it's more that you have a history with the guy being a jerk overall(revealed a little later in this thread) than him just invoking this rule.

I still don't see the big deal why people get bent out of shape over this. Especially when many of these same players/posters who get bent over it play online where anyone can see the hand histories of showndown hands.

b
Old 12-08-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Especially when many of these same players/posters who get bent over it play online where anyone can see the hand histories of showndown hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always disliked this aspect of online play, but grudgingly accept it since the risk of collusion is so much greater.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:17 PM

I'm surprised everybody is getting so enraged over this. From the original post it sounded like this was the only time this guy did this. He's invoking a completely legal rule. What's the big deal?
Old 12-08-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised everybody is getting so enraged over this. From the original post it sounded like this was the only time this guy did this. He's invoking a completely legal rule. What's the big deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

The rule is there to prevent collusion. 99 times out of 100, this rule is not used for collusion. It's used for information.

As was the case in this hand.

Also, it's very rude to ask to see the other person's hand HU when you have the nuts.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The rule is there to prevent collusion. 99 times out of 100, this rule is not used for collusion. It's used for information.

As was the case in this hand.

Also, it's very rude to ask to see the other person's hand HU when you have the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but I'll usually give somebody a pass once. If they do it again, I'm all for kicking them in the nuts or making their life miserable in some other way.