Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: If yes, how often?
Less then Weekly 4 20.00%
Weekly 1 5.00%
Daily 15 75.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Have you ever tried to outrun the cops?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the second time I got a speeding ticket for going 84 in an 80 (it was whack).

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you get 80's..... Fastest we can go legally is 65 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's from canada. It's 80km/h which is slower than 65mp/h.

been caught once , out ran them 2x, Smoke pot daily and Drive a 99 Z28 you and the cops become good friends for any number of reasons

The funniest story though is when I was about 18 , I had my 87 Camaro back then, I had just ducked out of the a side street blew the stop sign and fish tailed downt he block, cop came behind me , I ran for about 10 blocks and pulled over (what was a traffic light I made it like "Oh you were following me") so he was pretty pissed and wrote me 7 tickets [everything from a blown taillight to the air freshenr on the mirror (yes its illegal to hang stuff from a rearview) any case hes all done and says "I was gonna write you an evading persuit ticket but my fu<king hand got tired"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you get 80's..... Fastest we can go legally is 65 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Klicks
Old 12-07-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Klicks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes...at least I didn't finish dead last on this one.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:58 PM

Calling Sheriff John Bunnell....
Old 12-07-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Klicks

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, f that. 84 in an 80, at klicks? And I thought my 26 in a 20 was bad.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:02 PM

Like 10 years ago a few times I would pass a cop going the oppisite direction on my bike. He would flash his lights but not turn around so I never stopped. I think they realize they are not catching you when you are going that fast.

Luckily somehow I never ran into a cop further down the road as I assumed they always radioed ahead that a guy was speeding in that direction. But I would take a diferent route and slow down after I got past the first cop. Plus often it was late at night and very dark so he could not even have much of a discription of me to pass on. Lucky and stupid at the time it seemed minor.

If he would have hit his brakes and turned around to come get me I would have stopped I'm no badass just dumb.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:03 PM

I was going about 70 in a 35, when I passed a motorcycle cop in the other land. "Oh [censored]!!" flashed in my mind. So I made the next right, then a right, and pulled into a packed parking lot, and parked my car between two others. I got out of my car so I could walk away and contest the ticket later, but the cop flew in behind me and actually asked, "is there a fire?" Needless to say, if you try and run from the police they will not take it easy on you. I only got a speeding ticket though as they could never prove I tried to run.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:07 PM

I've run twice.

The first time was in high school when I spun my rear end out coming around a corner and the cop was coming the opposite direction. I saw him hit his brake lights to turn around, so I gunned it, pulled into my buddy's driveway around the next corner, and killed the lights. He quickly went wailing by and I pulled out and went the other way.

The other time was in college, on foot and into the woods. I gave myself up because after I thought about it I realized I wasn't even doing anything wrong, I was just being wasted and stupid. They were just campus cops so nothing happened anyway.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:07 PM

It's not like I've been in high speed chases, but if I'm speeding and I notice a cop notice me, I'll quickly make the next turn to get out of his sight, then make a series of turns fairly quickly to lose him. Also, in the past, I was living at a condo with a large underground garage. Once, I was speeding over a bridge near the condo when a cop saw me and made his way onto the bridge behind me. I had enough time to build a decent lead on him by the time he got onto the road, so I kept my speed up and got into the garage without letting him get a look at the plate. Gate closed behind me and I never heard anything more about it. If he had caught up, I'd just say I didn't see him at first and had continued speeding.

Usually I just pull over though. You have to pick your spots.