Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 12:41 AM

Default TT, live 10/20

same good game, this is my first orbit so no reads to speak of. I really hate the way I played this one and I think all streets are debatable and I don't really like the choices I made on any of them.

kid in poker hat raises UTG +1, 3 cold callers, I three-bet two black tens OTB, sb calls, BB folds, kid caps, everyone calls.

Flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Kid leads, two calls, old guy behind me raises, I three bet, kid caps, two callers fold, old guy calls, I call.

Turn is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Kid leads, old guy calls, I call.

River is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Bet-call-call.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:02 AM

Default Re: TT, live 10/20

I have no problem with the pre-flop 3 bet with 4 players in front of you in the pot. Now with a nice juicy pot built a favorable flop comes. The kid leads which is predictable after the pre-flop cap, but then the bad news comes the old guy raises after showing no aggression pre-flop. I figure my 2 black tens are beaten by at least JJ if not better and a fold is now in order.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:06 AM

Honestly, I think the flop is a pretty easy fold; I don't think it's that difficult versus an unknown even if its just for one on the flop from the kid.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I think the flop is a pretty easy fold; I don't think it's that difficult versus an unknown even if its just for one on the flop from the kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a 5-way capped pot, he'd be getting pot odds to peel & spike a set if it's one bet to him.

But yeah, this is one of those spots where you can let it go fairly comfortably when it's two to you on the flop.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:56 AM

Fold the turn. You are drawing to one out as I see there is no way you are ahead at this point.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He raised a 7 high flop. In this game, he could have a seven. I don't think the flop is a fold at all.

The turn is an easy fold, and I can't believe I called two more bets with this hand.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:10 PM

Fold it on the turn... but given the size of the pot, I could easily convince myself to call it down.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:29 PM

right on.

what about a simple flop peel as it's unlikely you're folding the kid with a 3-bet and there's a lot of (overcard) turns you won't dig a whole heckuva lot.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:33 PM

Yeah, I think peeling the flop is also a good option. I don't think I needed to three-bet. UTG already has the opportunity to reraise, if he so chooses, and if he does my hand is basically toast.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:45 PM

With the amount of players in I think you would have had a few more calling along the way with just a call which makes this an easier situation to be in with.

I think we are drawing to the best hand and we arent folding anyone with a flush draw in this monster hand so there is no way to free up outs apart from overs (when we aren't beaten which is a high majority of the time).

This is close depending on whether or not kid will 3-bet and how frequently it ends up being another 2 back to you.

we are getting 17:2 at this point which is only 8.5:1 (far from the required 25:1 (maybe less if we include the small percentage of time we have the best hand)). I think implied odds are far greater though when kid caps so we may be able to make up that deficit (especially if the callers continue to call with their overs).