Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: 10/20, AQo, river action?

I think it's close between a call and a fold, leaning towards a call. He has an ace here at least 50% of the time. Maybe he even has something like KJ and can't read the board.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:31 PM

As others have stated, there's no benefit in raising. He's either bluffing and will fold, or has got you beat and will reraise you. Unless he's a total donk, he's not betting and calling a raise with anything other than an A.

Raising is pointless at best.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:47 PM

OK OK, I can see the argument for not raising here (even though I think we are chopping enough of the times where I might throw in a raise and fold to a 3-bet), but can anyone honestly advocate I fold here? I think you have to be nuts to lay this hand down for one bet.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK OK, I can see the argument for not raising here (even though I think we are chopping enough of the times where I might throw in a raise and fold to a 3-bet), but can anyone honestly advocate I fold here? I think you have to be nuts to lay this hand down for one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can't fold after the turn was checked through. There is no merit to folding, almost no merit to raising, and a lot of merit to calling. This is a clear-cut call any way you slice it.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can't fold after the turn was checked through. There is no merit to folding, almost no merit to raising, and a lot of merit to calling. This is a clear-cut call any way you slice it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that people will bet a K here out of frustration that they missed the CR on the turn, and then, in turn, call a river raise. That said, you need a strong read to make a raise on this river, but I certainly think it's doable.