Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Potentially The Most Serious Military Threat Of All

Wow, I had no idea. This could be a matter of monumental importance. Comments, anyone?

(excerpt)"OTTAWA, CANADA (PRWEB) November 24, 2005 -- A former Canadian Minister of Defence and Deputy Prime Minister under Pierre Trudeau has joined forces with three Non-governmental organizations to ask the Parliament of Canada to hold public hearings on Exopolitics -- relations with “ETs.”

By “ETs,” Mr. Hellyer and these organizations mean ethical, advanced extraterrestrial civilizations that may now be visiting Earth.

On September 25, 2005, in a startling speech at the University of Toronto that caught the attention of mainstream newspapers and magazines, Paul Hellyer, Canada’s Defence Minister from 1963-67 under Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Prime Minister Lester Pearson, publicly stated: "UFOs, are as real as the airplanes that fly over your head."

Mr. Hellyer went on to say, "I'm so concerned about what the consequences might be of starting an intergalactic war, that I just think I had to say something."

Hellyer revealed, "The secrecy involved in all matters pertaining to the Roswell incident was unparalled. The classification was, from the outset, above top secret, so the vast majority of U.S. officials and politicians, let alone a mere allied minister of defence, were never in-the-loop."

Hellyer warned, "The United States military are preparing weapons which could be used against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war without us ever having any warning. He stated, "The Bush administration has finally agreed to let the military build a forward base on the moon, which will put them in a better position to keep track of the goings and comings of the visitors from space, and to shoot at them, if they so decide."

Hellyer’s speech ended with a standing ovation. He said, "The time has come to lift the veil of secrecy, and let the truth emerge, so there can be a real and informed debate, about one of the most important problems facing our planet today."
(end excerpt)

The article goes on to talk about the implications of weaponizing space, and a possible space-weapon-ban treaty, and then concludes:

(excerpt)"...In early November 2005, the Canadian Senate wrote ICIS, indicating the Senate Committee could not hold hearings on ETs in 2005, because of their already crowded schedule.

“That does not deter us,” one spokesperson for the Non-governmental organizations said, “We are going ahead with our request to Prime Minister Paul Martin and the official opposition leaders in the House of Commons now, and we will re-apply with the Senate of Canada in early 2006.

“Time is on the side of open disclosure that there are ethical Extraterrestrial civilizations visiting Earth,” The spokesperson stated. “Our Canadian government needs to openly address these important issues of the possible deployment of weapons in outer war plans against ethical ET societies.”
(end excerpt)

I for one don't see how we could win a war with extraterrestrials [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] If ETs have the technology to travel here over light-years of space-time, we very likely would have no chance of defeating them and their highly advanced technologies if it should ever come to intergalactic war.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/11/inktomi314382.php
Old 11-25-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Potentially The Most Serious Military Threat Of All

He sounds as mad as a badger to me, is this a joke? If not the danger is lunatics in the community. Standing ovation LOL?

Madness. Exterminate, exterminate.

Mack
Old 11-25-2005, 01:27 PM

I recuse myself. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2005, 01:30 PM

This is no joke, and it is no laughing matter.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:36 PM

I'm sorry there was already a war with et's and we won....it was called Independence Day...jeez where have you been!
Old 11-25-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Pretty pretty pretty serious

[ QUOTE ]
Extraterrestrials - Potentially The Most Serious Military Threat Of All.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean... more serious than Hezbollah ?

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2005, 02:14 PM

Let's empty our prisons of all the lifers and send em in to space with 1 days supply of oxygen and a ball bat as the vanguard of our defense. Surely there are enough to circle the earth a couple times. And if the UFO threat fails to materialize, oh well.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I for one don't see how we could win a war with extraterrestrials [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] If ETs have the technology to travel here over light-years of space-time, we very likely would have no chance of defeating them and their highly advanced technologies if it should ever come to intergalactic war.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they were fighting a war of conquest rather than a war of annihilation, we could win through attrition. There are lots of historical examples of a less advanced society defending their home and defeating a far more advanced society.

Personally, I'm more concerned with the hidden wizarding world. I've got good information that a war broke out in the wizarding world in the summer of 1996. But, I don't know how, or if, it was ever resolved.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:51 PM

This guy is on FoxNes right now.

Edit: The interviewer treated Hellyer as a joke.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:44 PM

It's 1 of the 2.