Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 03:20 AM

Default Re: Which is it ?

We have been unlucky and it has been compounded by a faulty strategy.

X
Old 10-06-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Understanding Sharia

[ QUOTE ]
My campaign of extermination would be simple, invade Muslim countries one by one and install democratic, secular, regimes. This is the policy of the Bush Administration . . .

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Islam is the official religion of the state and is a basic source of legislation: (a) No law can be passed that contradicts the undisputed rules of Islam."

Draft Iraqi Constitution, Art. 2

[/ QUOTE ]
I suppose one can't be too obsessed with facts when proposing something as modest as a "campaign of extermination." Not everyone knows what "secular" means.

Your post is more evidence that one large, possibly dominant group within the American right are fascist, genocidal maniacs like yourself who simply hope to murder as many Muslims as possible. It's the reason that the U.S. probably won't be around 50 years from now, and why it won't be missed by the sixth of the world's population that calls itself Muslim, and probably a high proportion of the rest of the world.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:58 AM

If you think the Iraqi Contitution as drafted will result in anything less than disintegration of the counrty and civil war, you are smoking crack.

I have to concede the policy of letting troglodites write it has been short sighted and misguided and an affront to the sacrifice of every American Soldier who has died so that those idiots could get together and write what they did.

I am not advocating genocide by any stretch of the imagination. I am simply putting forward a strategy that I consider necessary to "win" against extreme elements of the Islamic faith. I respect the right of any Muslim to worship as they wish, provided it does not present a threat to my life.

[ QUOTE ]
the U.S. probably won't be around 50 years from now

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep your America hating fantasies to yourself, I'm tired of hearing about them.

X
Old 10-06-2005, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Foregone

[ QUOTE ]
I don't believe there is any way to win them over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your neighbour does not have to have the same ideology, you just have to co-exist.

Now, if you can just banish from your mind the notion that all Muslims want to kill all the westerners, we can make some progress. They dont.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your neighbour does not have to have the same ideology, you just have to co-exist.

Now, if you can just banish from your mind the notion that all Muslims want to kill all the westerners, we can make some progress. They dont.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two Muslim friends I made while in college, 1 from Jordan and 1 from Lebanon, send me death threats on a regular basis. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2005, 01:00 PM

>>Makes a very strong case to my assertion that the only way to deal effectively with Islamists is to KILL every single one of them.<<

I am a liberal. A proud liberal. And it saddens me to say that I agree with this statement 100%.

Radical islam is the biggest genuine threat to liberal values in the world today - and civilized values as well. And it seems that many in the West are drastically and fatally underestimating how pervasive these values are throughout the islamic world, and the rapididy and extent to which these radical islamic ideas are gaining traction.

Historically, when confronted with evil, the only effective way to fight this evil is to reach deep into our collective Shadow, and mirror the evil of the enemy in order to defeat him (e.g. the massive firebombings of Dresden and Tokyo, and the nuclear vaporizing of two Japanese cities by allied forces in WWII).

Fighting radical Islam will be long, bloody, vicious, and brutal. Many, perhaps many millions will die, and many more will suffer greatly. But if we don't fight with everything we have - brutally, relentlessly, and viciously, the result will be much worse in terms of human suffering.

No retreat. No compromise. No surrender.

Victory or death.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:05 PM

Thank you.

You realize now you will be compared to Hitler by your liberal peers don't you? Still, I applaud the clarity of your vision and your courage in voicing you views.

Here Here.

X
Old 10-06-2005, 01:11 PM

Thanks sub.

They'll probably make fun of the bit of hyperbole I added at the end of my post, but I was merely emphasizing, clearly, that this is literally an existential, life or death struggle between the repressive and repugnant values of radical islam vs. the values and civilization of the West.

Only one side is going to get away from this struggle intact - and it had better be us.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two Muslim friends I made while in college, 1 from Jordan and 1 from Lebanon, send me death threats on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe most Muslims are fair and decent people, and are more concerned with the affairs of everyday living than with jihadism.

The problem is that Islam itself is not fair to non-Muslims or to women; that it is totalitarian in nature; and that it is inherently against all Western liberal values. So there is a conflict between the ideology of Islam, and moderate Muslims; as well as a conflict between Islam, and all other cultures and ideologies.

Unfortunately radical Islam is on the rise worldwide, and has been so for several decades.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two Muslim friends I made while in college, 1 from Jordan and 1 from Lebanon, send me death threats on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you need to buzz their homes in your jet [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]. That would stop the death threats (or any other dialog with them [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])